Didn't Realize How Powerful The Gold Modes Were On Gold Till Now Lol

Rick N. MI

Last summer I hunted with the Orx in the freshwater lakes using Deep mode. Just now was testing a ladies 2.04 gram 14k gold ring in sand and was taken by surprise how much more powerful the Orx was in the Gold modes than Deep mode on the gold ring. On my test coins Gold mode didn't do as well as Deep mode so used Deep mode ring hunting last summer lol. Should have known Gold mode would be more powerful on gold lol.

Was just taken by surprised how much deeper it was on the gold ring.

• Like 1

A 2.04 gr 14k gold ring buried at 12" in sand the Orx hits it in Gold 1 & 2 and with the coil raised about 4". Gold 1 hit a little louder. Orx w/ 9" hf coil. 28khz, sensi. max, recovery 2,  disc IAR 2. Iron off.

This will be my main lake hunter.

Hi Rick,

I have had the same experience as you with the HF 9" coil in program 1 Gold and to a slightly lesser degree in program 2 Fine Gold. The 9" HF coil can detect to depths past its coil diameter in mild soil with good two way tones on coin sized targets. If you are using IAR of 2 you can even get a little more depth by lowering the reactivity to 1, at least on smaller gold targets it really helps me.  In really bad dirt in the mountains here in Colorado where I prospect for nuggets it will punch easily to 6" on 1 gram or bigger nuggets with great target ID and iron probability readings, which amazes me. This ground is so bad and so varied that I am constantly having to ground balance. I can hover my pick head with magnet just above the ground and the magnet is immediately covered with an inch thick or more of magnetite black sand particles! I'm extremely impressed with the Gold modes on the ORX.

Coin Fast is no slouch either if you set it up with default discrimination and reactivity around 2 or even better 2.5 so that the silencer ( correct me if I'm wrong Hugh) is on its lowest setting. That is where the 3 tone audio sounds best to me and I get excellent depth in mineralized soil. 

Jeff

Gold 1 is incredible. Thanks for your experience with Gold 1. It seems like an all metal mode with a different form of Disc.

Was doing some tests in my living room and will set disc iar to 1.

This mode will be unbelievable in my mild fresh water lakes.

Can't wait till spring.

Ring .89 grams 14k at 12" in the sand.

The Orx in Gold 1 and 2 got a solid hit and Gold 1 could be raised about 3".

Gold Kruzer got a tick that would be noticeable using the 9x5 dd coil.

Simplex no hit.

Equinox w/ 11" coil no hit. Don't know why the Equinox didn't get a hit. Tried Gold 1 and Park 1, Sensitivity 24, 2 tone, Tone break -1, recovery 4, F2 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orx is the best for lake hunting. The Gold Kruzer close behind.
Still amazed how powerful the Orx is in Gold 1.