Hunting The Beach, Help Me Choose

Tesoro Sand Shark has my vote( I've got 2) Performance, cost and lifetime warranty are great. Cons; They can really suck down the AA's.

I am leaning towards the sand shark. Garrett no longer in the running.

Sand Shark or Sovereign series now. BBS vs PI . I know both are excellent and probably couldn't go wrong with either. Warranties are not an issue for me. I truly believe that in some things. Old school rules !

The question in my mind is do you need the detector to be fully submersible or not? The first post implied yes, with two fully submersible detectors. Now with the Sovereign you are bringing a dry land/wading detector into the mix. That pretty much opens it up for anything.

PI vs anything else is easy. For sheer power I always use a pulse induction detector UNLESS digging everything is a problem.

• Like 1

The question in my mind is do you need the detector to be fully submersible or not? The first post implied yes, with two fully submersible detectors. Now with the Sovereign you are bringing a dry land/wading detector into the mix. That pretty much opens it up for anything.

PI vs anything else is easy. For sheer power I always use a pulse induction detector UNLESS digging everything is a problem.

Wet n dry none submersible. But hopefully with audio tone disc.

Thanx Steve

If not PI then multi frequency is the way to go for salt water. Minelab Sovereign, Explorers, E-TRAC, CTX and Fisher CZ detectors are safe popular choices.

Thanx Steve. Trying to locate a Sovereign Elite, not having much luck !

I just watched a video that demonstrates how slow the recovery speed is on the Sovereign and how you will miss alot of targets because of it. I guess I need to look at a different minelab machine !