Hunting The Beach, Help Me Choose

Beach hunting is a lot more than running a little disc and digging everything else that beeps.

Saltwater beaches eat iron, but stainless reports like iron on a BBS machine.

If you can't figure out what a slow machine is telling you,... then why step up and buy something which is faster and deeper :-)

Sovereigns and Excals are top notch for the beach in the hands of an experienced hunter.

Its my understanding that the Sovereign GT is basically an Excalibur that is not waterproof, that makes the SGT one of the best Dry Beach Machines. A slower recovery speed just means your sweeps should be slower. 

Never had a Sovereign, but have had every Generation of Excalibur.

Mike

Beach hunting is a lot more than running a little disc and digging everything

Saltwater beaches eat iron, but stainless reports like iron on a BBS machine.

If you can't figure out what a slow machine is telling you,... then why step up and buy something which is faster and deeper :-)

Sovereigns and Excals are top notch for the beach in the hands of an experienced hunter.

Yes indeed. But I can only afford one machine so sovereign out. E trac is where I'm headed ;;!!!!

Well I hope I made the right choice. Gettysburg Electronics had a minelab Explorer XS in mint condition with both types of batteries and head phones for $ 400.00. It's on its way. Can't Wait !!!