Opinions On Performance: Xqed, Xzed, Xgpx

mn90403

Which combination of Xcoil will do best?

Does it just push the existing hardware to a new level or is there a 'sweet spot?'

If someone has a GPX and a Zed should they only get an Xcoil for the Zed?  Is there something compelling to make someone get a QED X vs a ZedX or GPXX?

Is there an X2300 coming?

• Like 1

No waste of time Simon.  You let your fingers sing.

My wonder came from knowing the price of the X for GPX price vs the X for GPZ price and wondered about the savings difference and not having to make a dongle for the Z.  There is the 'bang for the buck' consideration for some of us.

I also wonder what JW thinks of the X QED vs the X Zed.  

I've had lots of training and the last one with Gerry emphasized what you said about no combination of coil and detector sees it all.  He demonstrates with gold on the table and air tests that no matter what PI or Zed you choose, they all miss gold.  VLFs don't miss it in air tests but they can't see it deep as the other technology.  They are also hindered by mineralization which can mask shallow gold.

I appreciate your effort as I almost deleted the question before I posted it.  There may not be a real answer.  But somewhere in the mix right now without regard to price there is the ultimate performance model and Chet seems to be close because he says he's not taking off his Xcoil.

Mitchel

Subjective questions get subjective answers but sometimes there are jewels hidden in the logic.

• Like 1

JW,

Thanks for the post and the 'proof!'

I see and believe.  I also see you still have the handle on your Zed.  Is that out of habit or weight?  Are you working the coil extra slow near your old dig holes or are you giving it a normal swing?

I tried one of Chet's small Xcoils and it was not 'light' which let me know there is a lot of windings in it.  That was a surprise.  The bigger coil didn't seem as end heavy for some reason.

Mitchel

9 hours ago, kiwijw said:

I could show a lot more "proof" since my last show & tell posts but I am of the opinion that they are all just the same old same old.

JW

Let me share with you my opinion ... you are wrong to think that anything you write is the SAME OLD!

Keep'em coming if you have the time.  You have a number of avid readers and I am one of them.

Mitchel

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

What depth you getting 15"x10" x-coil generally. What would be the best coil on the QED  thinking ahead for WA trip later in year. Still saving up