Minelab Vanquish 440/540 Internal Photos, Etc.

Oh these Padawans........old Geezer talk to follow.........Why I remember a project we were doing for the U.S. Department of Transportation for Railway Safety Signaling.....and.....well we had Intel 8080‘s with 2K of Ram.  One day it was announced we were going to get 4K of Ram.  We broke out the bubbly.....oh the feats we would be able to accomplish with 4K!!!!!  We threw a heck of a party.....but not much coding got done the following day. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

The Apollo Lunar Module only had 2K of core memory.  I'm pretty sure my iPhone could've ran everything and then some that a 1960's NASA Mission Control center that was using IBM mainframes 🙂

• Like 1

During WW2, the total combined computing capacity of the Allies was less than what you buy in a birthday card at the store that sings happy birthday. And everyone readily accepts that such a card is disposable, at least on a hardware level.

Looks like the Equinox is an 8-layer circuit board. You can see the 8 little white outlined boxes in the upper middle edge of the board. There is a #1 in the first box, for layer 1. Only reason I know is I do PCB Design and development for a living, and that's the way I indicate my layer stacks as well. 🙂 

• Like 2