XP Orx External Speaker Volume

Steve Herschbach

I would assume the speaker volume on the ORX wouldn't differ from the Deus, and if that is indeed the case then it should be loud enough for general coin/relic detecting. The only times that I do have difficulty on hearing fainter tones is when close to road traffic, very windy conditions especially with "tree" noise in forested areas, or trying to hear over waves at the beach.  If I am working an area where deeper targets are expected or where you are at the point where the tones are starting to become consumed by ground mineralisation, then probably better off reverting to headphones to hear the finer nuances. 

If prospecting I'd say you would benefit from sticking with headphones using the inbuilt volume control, especially for those targets that may only be a break in the threshold and easily overlooked when using the external speaker. 

Another option is to chest or wrist mount the control unit vs shaft mounting. 

• Like 1

Steve

I myself have never used headphones with my ORX and I don’t find that ever being a problem for me. 

I’m one that don’t hear a word my wife is saying but my ORX comes through loud and clear.

I too find myself reaching more for the ORX not just because of less weight but trusting in it over another detector.

Chuck 

• Like 2

Steve,

the volume level on the ORX remote control external speaker cannot be adjusted. It is pretty loud for normal conditions.  You could get the audio adapter accessory, attach it to the back phone module and plug in an external speaker and let the back phone module control the volume level.

Jeff

• Like 1

I normally use headphones but when in some quiet locations it's nice to go without. The Gold Monster has such a loud external speaker volume I never used headphones with it. I remembered the Deus was not too bad actually so wondered also about ORX. Thanks for the answers. :smile:

• The title was changed to XP Orx External Speaker Volume

The ORX is set on high mode because it's loud, I use headphones to turn it down using the headphones to hear just a quiet humm ..... and to have complete silence I got new headphones (Quest Wirefree Pro)..... Don't like the little legs of the ORX behind my ears...... The only legs I want wrapped around my head are my old lady's.

MVIMG_20191202_154602.jpg

• Haha 1