Hit A School Lot Twice

• 3 weeks later...

Tot-lots are the easiest places to find gold and coins for someone getting into the hobby.?  I noticed you found only one nickel which tells me another hunter may have been there. Some only chase low conductors and pass on high conductors.  I was one of them who would pass on high conductors and chase only the lows and would hit about 10 tot-lots every Saturday.   Paid off a few of my detectors.

As for demo lots I just  dig everything. 

To each their own I reckon. Any day out detecting is better than staying indoors due to cold and rain! I like finding coins and whenever I can get out that is a good hunt. Hunt whatever you can whenever you can. The Equinox is a great machine.

• Like 1

Not being able to find paper money with a detector is true! But, finding it because of a detector is also true! I've found many bills while detecting! My largest was a $50 bill, with $4 dollars in singles, blown against the grass at the beach! Most of my sight finds, ( including jewelry) like most of you all, have been following where the coil goes!👁👁

We have had a big drop in coin usage since parking meters went plastic! So the beach coins are drying up! So i will take any sight finds i can get!👍👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Drop me in a productive area with any detector and I'd be happy. 

I know exactly what you mean Simon, I was ready to get out this weekend and it snowed 5 inches.

I wish it would warm up.