Chest Mount Explorer 2 Modification

Dan(NM)

Since I'm down and out with a broken ankle for a few weeks and have plenty of time on my hands. I decided to do a EX2 chest mount mod that I saw on You-Tube by IDX Monster, thank you sir for paving the way!! I have a bum shoulder that needs to be rebuilt next year, I needed to adapt my machine to extend my hunting time until then. I used a Teknetics S-rod for the stock 11" coil and a White's MX5 S-rod for the 8" coil.
I'll be using a Go-Pro chesty to mount the control head and I bought a 3' extension cable to connect the control to the coil. I cut the battery housing from the handle, but, I have a more compact and lighter battery pack on the way. I ordered a 1/4" stereo headphone jack from Amazon and will run my phone cord under my shirt to keep it from getting in the way.
This set-up is as light as feather to swing and I can't wait to heal up and take it on it's maiden voyage.

ex11.jpg

ex9.jpg

ex0.jpg

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Chest Mount Explorer 2 Modification

Interesting.  What about putting it in a hip mount that attaches to your belt?  Fisher and Minelab had some setups like that in the past, I used one when I had a Sovereign 2XS for beach hunting with the big Sunray 12.5" coil and it worked pretty well.   I'm not sure I'd want an Explorer strapped to my chest haha   Wait that sounded a bit odd.

7 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Interesting.  What about putting it in a hip mount that attaches to your belt?  Fisher and Minelab had some setups like that in the past, I used one when I had a Sovereign 2XS for beach hunting with the big Sunray 12.5" coil and it worked pretty well.   I'm not sure I'd want an Explorer strapped to my chest haha   Wait that sounded a bit odd.

I was going to hip mount it, but, I like having the meter directly in front of me. The chesty mount holds it nice and secure.

• 3 weeks later...