First Silver For This New Guy

Used the historic aerial site to do some research and found that the local ball field was just a plain ole park at first ..circa 1960.. so give it a shot. Based  on the overlay I hit the original part of the park by some old trees and finally found my first silver ever .. 1941D Merc.. Hook firmly set now .. lol

Cheers

Bran

20191126_095026.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

WTG, Castleberry!  Way to do your research; it paid off.  Hope there's more where that came from.  Maybe you'll be as lucky as Simon (phrunt).  Nah, nobody in the USA is that lucky.

3 hours ago, kac said:

Thats in really good condition. Always amazes me how good silver looks when you dig it.

Yeah, after digging all that crusty clad soon as I saw that silver edge sticking up I knew ... 

How far down does your silver lay, in that park?  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Just now, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

How far down does your silver lay, in that park?  GaryC/Oregon Coast

GaryC this one was a solid 8" down, being the only one I have found so far not sure what a average would be

NICE dig!  Very nice Merc, congrats on it being your first, and WOW am I jealous of you living in middle Tennessee.  I spent a couple of years in the Nashville area (Hermitage/Old Hickory area), and I LOVED it there!

Steve

3 hours ago, steveg said:

NICE dig!  Very nice Merc, congrats on it being your first, and WOW am I jealous of you living in middle Tennessee.  I spent a couple of years in the Nashville area (Hermitage/Old Hickory area), and I LOVED it there!

Steve

Thanks Steve.

Im actually a north Alabama transplant (Nice there too). But I do love it here, especially the no state income tax deal...

• Like 1

Good on ya 🙂  I remember my first silver, a 1940 Merc.  I'd say the hook is set for ya.  There'll be more for ya there I suspect.  Luck.

• Like 1