Nothing, Arizona

MSC

Tried a new area for metal detecting last week, Nothing AZ, it lived up to its name. Spent 5 days and came up with Nothing. Lots of  quarts, black sand looks good but no gold. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Being on the other side of the planet, I have never heard of Nothing AZ so I googled it.   Apparently this was on a town sign in Nothing.   It gave me a good laugh. 🙂
"Town of Nothing Arizona. Founded 1977. Elevation 3269ft.
The staunch citizens of Nothing are full of Hope, Faith, and Believe in the work ethic. Thru-the-years-these dedicated people had faith in Nothing, hoped for Nothing, worked at Nothing, for Nothing."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

all the places I detected for nuggets should be calles "NOTHING" not just in AZ :laugh: but I'm not giving up.....comes next March I will be going back to AZ together with my friend Joe from CA. Hoping to find the spot called "EVERYTHING" (everything we dig is Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!)  We are hoping for some help from the nice people at Stanton Camp and others who might read this and want to help a German nugget hunter to find his first piece of gold. AU2U all.

• Like 2

No big deal!

I spent two weeks at a time and couldn’t carry out all the trash I found. But every target could have been a nugget.

That’s why I’m not driving the thousand miles and staying home coin hunting.

Oh boy how do I miss it. Nothing like a gold nugget coming out of the ground and you the first to ever see that nugget you now hold in your hand .

The problem people are dropping coins out of their pockets everyday but that nugget is never replaced by another.

Chuck 

• Like 6

Thanks nvchris, I will detect at Something, AZ. next trip. Got to try new places at times.