Gold Is Not Worth A $2 Bill.

geof_junk

2 dollar bills are rarely used.  We tried coins multiple times, just hasn't taken off.  Nobody wants to carry a change purse since dollars still have some value here.

• Like 1

Simon the size of the dollar coin is a lot large than 2 dollar coin not like the Kiwi coins we have to work harder to get the larger denomination coin than you Kiwi's 😉

No, zinc will corrode overnight...if you held in your hand you could almost watch it!

Copper pennies will last forever unless they get in acidic soil...even in salt water they last. 
if you watch some of Mitchel’s beach posts he usually has some...I just throw mine in the trash can...

fred

• Like 1

I'll use cash till the day I die!  No plastic for me.  Drives the cashiers mad when I give them odd cents to even out my purchase not to get pennies in change.  They often give me more back in change then I was supposed to get originally.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I run them through the coinstar machine! I love the crunchy sound they make! 🤣 And buy scratchoffs next to machine with the one's that dont get rejected! Last time got $100 scratchoff!👍

• Like 2

Phrunt, do you mean gold-coloured 1 and 2 dollar coins? Surely not solid gold? We have one and two dollar coins, and my son is finding lots of them with a detector I gave him this summer--quick way to grab some cash, better than chasing dimes and quarters . . .

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 2:04 AM, Lanny said:

We have one and two dollar coins,....

I conclude you are in Canada.  Can't beat the Canadian nicknames:  Loonie ($1) and Toonie ($2).  😄

• Like 1