Garrett AT Max Compared To AT Pro

Entertaining.  Digging their enthusiasm, would have thought ol' Sparky was just released, not almost 2 years before this video was made.

My favorite quote:

"So what did Garrett do with the AT Max to improve on perfection?"

Oh brother....:rolleyes:

Love the big boys' hype machines. All manufacturers are guilty of throwing around impressive sounding terminology and pseudo tech jargon.

That's why I'm glad for sites like Steve's where the tech information is provided without bias by cutting through the hype so you can do the research yourself and make up your own mind.

• Like 4

I have used both, I think the ATP is a quieter machine and seems to perform better. Max includes the carrot so guess that adds to the sticker price but think it should be at the price point where the ATP is and ATP should be lower for what it is.

I found the Max menu system hard to get used to after using the ATP so much, can't tell ya how many times I hit the threshold way up trying to manually gb it. Threshold also isn't fine enough for me. Lastly still no iron audio volume control!

• Like 2

The AT Max has been $722 discounted since day one. Initially it came with the Z-Lynk headphones which alone have to account for over $100 of the price difference between it and the AT Pro. The addition of the pinpointer came later, no doubt due to increasing price competition. It’s cheaper for a manufacturer to toss something like that in that go lower the retail price. But factor in the wireless headphones and pinpointer and the AT Max is essentially selling for the same price as the AT Pro for people who actually want those two items.

• Like 1

XP and Nokta are doing deals similar too, guess to spark those potential buyers sitting on the fence. Kruzer and Amphibio have a deal with the pulse dive pointer included and of course how can you go wrong with a hat and plastic shovel tossed in the deal!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 5 months later...

The AT Max seems to have combined the best parts of the AT Pro and the AT Gold. Looking forward to getting a look at the new Apex coming out soon. Garrett aren't giving much away about it!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Now that time has passed and we have had lots of reporting on the AT Max, I’d say the consensus on the AT Max has been mixed at best, with many people deciding they still prefer the AT Pro instead. There are also some who seem satisfied with the AT Max, but as new detector releases go it was far from a home run win for Garrett. Basically they took a stable detector platform and jacked the gain up to the edge of instability.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have heard of one person who uses the AT Max and says he uses the Max and its sparky behavior to his advantage to clean up on Turf gold . His user name is skip something. I can't remember it all. An example of someone who knows how to use a certain machine.