Hello metal detector colleagues, I went on the beach yesterday with my minelab safari. I worked in all metal with discrimination from -10 to 0 (iron), sensitivity on 18 and trash density on high. 3 hours later I had dig around 40 holes with pull tabs, so I decided to increase discrimination from -10 to 20. I quitted from finding gold jewelry and I was focused on coins. In one hour I found 10 coins (7.05 euros).

beach.JPG

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mn90403
      Some may have wondered what would happen to metal detectorists in the UK if they try to get away with not reporting the finds in the proper fashion.  A friend of mine sent me this link which shows some of the consequences.
      https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/detectorists-jailed-viking-hoard-intl-scli-gbr/index.html
    • By Edsped
      This little thing actually kills it!
      My cousin and I have been using the pulse dive in salt water exclusively and although it has a small coil, the ability to swing this thing like mad hugely make up for that fact!
      So far I’ve found the design/ quality of the PulseDive to be very ideal for salt water hunting.  The machine simply beeps and buzzes in your hand, is easily audible  through the water and there is practically no maintenance other than just cleaning the rubber seal/gasket every now and then but there is no knobs, cables, headphones or anything that I can see deteriorating on this detector.
      Depth is definitely surprising when digging targets but still decent in air tests with a nickel/10c Aussie coin hitting at 4” air test and depending on minerals in the sand it’ll hit deeper 5-6” even due to its non-motion nature.
      Anyone who wants to try water detecting I highly recommend trying the PulseDive, the small size and lack of headphones make it ridiculously convenient and even stealthy if you want to be discrete or are a bit shy! 
      This isn’t really a review but just a quick mention of what I think is important to know about the machine 👍
      Here is the gold we’ve found on the last few outings 👊👊👊 

• By Smithsgold
      Mountain Lake Detecting

Metal Detecting is a great Hobby, teaching the younger generation how to find hidden treasures underground is a great way to spend the day and pass along knowledge . Me and my friend Adrian hunt a Mountain Lake's Beach for hidden Gem's and Treasure's from Hot wheels to Pull tabs see what we uncover on the adventure  
      (SG 014)
    • By JohnnyRox
      How many crabs have you dug up using your Nox?  
      I've dug up 4 of those toe pinching speckled crabs so far.  lol
    • By Ringmoney
      I decided to give a go at nugget hunting with a detector here in Ireland. I equipped the TDI with a new 6" Miner John coil and off I went. Third signal in and up popped this nugget. Not a monster by other countries standards but here in Ireland it is a monster. I am still buzzing and cant actually believe I found a nugget with a detector, but one this size, well over the moon is an under statement.

• By mn90403
      I know that most here don't go to the beach often to hunt but for those of you who do ... PLEASE FILL YOUR HOLES!
      Today Lu and I went out to one of our local beaches and we saw a guy on the beach I spoke to on Tuesday.  This guy has a hand scoop and he bends and kneels down to dig his targets in the sand.  He makes a very 'sharp' hole without rounded edges and they go down about 6-8 inches in many cases.  If his target is trash he throws it up higher on the beach.  If he likes it I don't know what it is.  When he is done he leaves the hole and finds another target.  I don't know his machine but I can go behind him and find rings and other coins he has missed.
      I went to him on Tuesday and told him to please fill his holes and then left.  He is not one of the guys I can talk with about his finds.  I explained to him that someone stepping in his holes would injure themselves. (A jogger had just run by because where he was digging was just above the waves.) He was not receptive to my scolding him or trying to reason with him.  We left and hunted another area of the beach. When we returned he had left and we filled his holes (at least 60) as we found his misses.
      Today I went to the same beach and he was already there.  The open holes were everywhere.  I went directly to him without turning on my detector and told him that he was still being dangerous and the lifeguards and city might stop us if someone stepped in his holes.  He was not having any of it.  "I don't have to fill my holes and you go f yourself!"  I told him I had to fill his holes and he said 'GOOD' and I hope you fill more!  I asked him if he thought his holes were safe for someone old (like me) or someone who could not see or someone jogging and he said "The beach is a dangerous place ... those people should not be here!"
      What great logic.  Someone fighting for their right to be dangerous and stupid.
      He makes a hole.  He is the logical one to fill it and be courteous to others and help prevent injury.  The tide will not fill it for 3 hours or more.  The only possible benefit for him in not filling a hole is that he would save time between finds.  In the meantime everyone who comes by his patch has to avoid his diggings because he is selfish.
      We had a number of other choice words with each other before I left the beach.  (This was before the lifeguards had arrived or I would have gone to one of them who knows me and knows I fill my holes and given him an idea of what I was trying to do.)  I want to Police Ourselves before someone else passes an ordinance requiring a permit or posting a sign making detecting off limits.
      We did just fine at another beach about a mile away so that is not the point.  Safety is the point. (Sometimes in the desert also.)
      Please think a little bit about others and FILL YOUR HOLES.
      Mitchel
      P.S.  I'm going to post this on a couple of forums to get the word out.