Is Vanquish A Finished, Shipping Product... Or Not?

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

The guy in the video bought that Vanquish at a place called Dicks Sporting Goods on a black Friday sale so they obviously do have some on sale in the USA.

So is Vanquish a finished, shipping product, or is it not? Most dealers say no, but Dick’s Sporting Goods apparently has them. They are showing as in stock on that company’s website. Regular dedicated metal detector dealers at the end of the line? What’s up with that?

minelab-vanquish-metal-detector.jpg

Yeah I'm kinda baffled by that too. I assumed it was just a website error till the iffy signals video.  Dick's having them in store while metal detecting shops even in Australia are waiting is amazingly bad optics. I can't explain it.

Yep I ordered one yesterday and got a tracking number for FedEx. I went on today and now they say "not available to ship must pickup at local store", which the stores by me have none.

If I remember correctly when the Equinox came out, people were getting them from Cabelas before dealers were getting them.

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So is Vanquish a finished, shipping product, or is it not? Most dealers say no, but Dick’s Sporting Goods apparently has them. They are showing as in stock on that company’s website. Regular dedicated metal detector dealers at the end of the line? What’s up with that?

Yes, I too remember like abenson a similar thing happened with Equinox showing up in Cabelas (and online) while many dealers still had waiting lists a mile long.  One thing that deterred me from jumping on these deals while I was waiting "in line",  besides loyalty to my primary detecting equipment dealer, was that Cabelas, as I am sure most of the other chain stores, were not honoring the Minelab veteran's discount of 15%, probably because they did not want to deal with the overhead required of providing the suitable proof of service that ML requires in order for the dealers to recoup the difference from ML.

Glad I am not in any way invested in getting one of these as they are completely redundant to and bring nothing to the table vs. my Equinox (I have enough "backup" and "entry level" machines for my friends and family to borrow and since the coils are incompatible with Equinox, there is absolutely no motivation for me, personally, to even think about acquiring this machine).  This is bringing back some suppressed bad memories from the Equinox roll out.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Yea I wasn't that interested in it, but my daughter uses a Fisher F19 right now and I think the Vanquish will be a lot better performance wise in my soil.

Plus I can play with it. LOL

• Like 1

I remember when the Equinox showed up at Cabelas, it was a cluster as they were showing them in stock, taking your money and then sending you an email stating they were on backorder with no ETA.  Dicks may well be in a similar position, no idea.  I believe Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas are owned by the same company, not sure about Dicks.

Yep, Bass Pro bought Cabelas out.  Now both stores carry the same items. It is kinda odd strolling through one or the other store and seeing Bass Pro/Redhead stuff in Cabelas and Cabelas stuff in the Bass Pro store. At one time they were big competitors. Dicks Sporting Goods can pound sand. I wouldn't take a free bottle of water from them if I was dying of thirst.