Minelab Vanquish Depth & Recovery Test

Hades

iffy signals also did a Nokta/Makro Simplex+ vs Garrett AT Pro video. When asked on YouTube what he thought of Simplex vs Vanquish, read below.....

“MD Melbourne15 hours ago

Quite a nice detector iffy, In your opinion what do you prefer this or the simplex?

Iffy Signals 15 hours ago

Hey Jim, i prefer the Minelab because of the multi freq and the 5 tones in all modes. Simplex is stuck in two tones for there deep mode. Vanquish has 5 tones for all modes. Anyone who likes the Equinox will most likely like the Vanquish. Other than the fact that it looks like a Fire Truck 🚒. Take care bud.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Anyone who likes the Equinox will most likely like the Vanquish.

Not so fast...:biggrin:  Not necessarily a universal sentiment.  I like the Equinox but of the two value machines, personally prefer the Simplex because, unlike the Vanquish, it is different than the Equinox which I already own.  The case could be different for someone who doesn't already have an Equinox.  Of course, neither are it's equal.  Apples and oranges.

[For clarity regarding the referenced quote above - Note that Steve is quoting "iffy signals" so I am referring to the iffy signals' quote which may or may not have anything to do with how Steve feels about Vanquish]

• Like 3

Yeah well this is a Minelab forum and you Nokta/Makro fanboys should just stay over on your own forum! :laugh:

My feeling about Vanquish is it nailed it's design goal - choice between Garrett Ace and Vanquish is a no-brainer. Between Vanquish and Simplex I choose Equinox, best of both worlds.

garrett-ace-400-vs-minelab-vanquish-540.jpg
Minelab Vanquish 540 vs Garrett Ace 400

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I'm particularly fond of Fire Trucks 🚒

On 11/29/2019 at 10:11 PM, phrunt said:

I notice on the 6" Iron washer with the iron bias at low it picks it up as a 13 on the ID's, likely the same thing the Nox would do, drives me nuts getting bigger iron as non-ferrous usually around 13....  I do love that little coil, I wish they made that for the Nox too.  I guess it is just a mini-me of the Nox though.

The guy in the video bought that Vanquish at a place called Dicks Sporting Goods on a black Friday sale so they obviously do have some on sale in the USA.

Yep the Equinox loves large pieces of iron and frequently they ring in @ 13.  Oddly I've noticed the audio is different on iron vs say a nickle, dull on iron brighter on nickle.  Hard to explain, you just have to experience it, I'd assume it's the same on the Vanquish. 

• Like 1