Small Locket And Seated Quarter

Beauty of a Seated Quarter. That coin eluded me for almost 40 years.... and then I found 2 of them  lol

that seatie is a sweetie!!!!!!  Found seated half and 6-7 seated dimes but the quarter still managed to elude me to this day.  Pretty much quit coin shootin last 2-3 yrs......

Nice digs!!

I found a similar locket at a Spanish mission site when they had a big demo to develop the lot for commercial use (it's now occupied by a small strip mall 😞

I had permission from the lot owner to detect it, and found a similar locket.  It had a photo printed on the glass, that when I initially unearthed it was clearly visible, and after a few days it basically disappeared.  I guess it didn't like light after being in the ground for what, 150 years?  

• Like 2

Nice find I wish the weather was better here so I could get out and hunt.

Thats my 2nd seated quarter this year and both in pretty descent shape. I was surprised it wasn't worn out more where it was close to the road and only 6" deep or so.

Thanks for the info on the locket. The area is an estate that was owned by a dr. during the civil war then by Nuns, now town forest and they hold events there. I believe the orchard was put in by them and long gone now. Just sinkholes where the trees were.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...