Fisher Impulse AQ In Production

I'm hoping it can at least match the depth I am getting with my GPX 5000 at the beach. Real Iron discrimination?....... that would be super, If it handles EMI extremely well.......really super super πŸ˜„ And water proof ....hmmmm, OK I'll buy one. 😍

• Like 3

Well i for one hope it does what its advertised to do.Β Β Β  What are we on .... year 3 hear?Β Β  As far as the Terra ... it seems Fisher is hoping to sell it more in a overseas market as a cheaper option.Β Β  Im with you Steve if it knocks out upper coins and iron im good..... but hopefully it doesnt knock out 22k and 24K or any much smaller gold.Β Β  That ill be testing.Β Β  Most machines that process a signal for disc also loose depth..... its alledged this one wont.Β Β  That to me seems unlikely..... but how much depth is more my question.Β Β  Price will keep a lot of people from buying....... unless it really produces.Β  We will get some hype and some nay sayers from the first batch..... which i plan on being a part of.Β Β  IN THE WATER is the tell for me...... will it be better than what im using?Β Β Β  I normally hunt in AM because my first goal is to just find a target..... so reverse disc works well.Β Β  NOW how well will these switches hold up to that?Β Β  Unfortunately ....... i break stuff just because above average use in the water.Β Β  There apparently is going to now be a 10 hour battery....... but will it come with the machine or as an option..... because a 5 hour battery just wont work for me.Β Β  I also would feel a lot more comfortable with a waterproof machine to 3 meters.Β Β  BUT..... Carl said once the company decides the depth rating based on the IP of the components...... which could be understated..... hopefully. Β  There REALLY needs to be a smaller coil than the 12" i believe for water use.Β  That battery pack...... appears to be expensive.Β  This advancement has been a long time coming...... im glad someone finally stepped up. Β  Maybe now others will.Β Β  OH... and come on Fisher...... those shaft locks are OLD SCHOOL proven to be a pain for beach hunting.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2019 at 4:06 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I find it even more amazing there is no official announcement from First Texas. Dealers sometimes jump the gun trying to round up preorders that may not be delivered on for a very long time. If the detector is in production an official announcement with final specifications would be in order very soon. Maybe after this holiday weekend? It would be a nice present for me!Β :smile:Β I wonder if we are looking at one model or two?

Thank you once again LE.JAG for giving us a little hope for the new year.

Price also depends on that being MSRP or final discounted price in the U.S. plus who knows what kind of import taxes they have in France.Β Β OverΒ $2K but that’s been expected all along.

Fisher Impulse AQ Specifications & Data

Β 

Also in France they have a 20% sales tax, and for us this is again 20% less to pay,just make sure you buy it out of state

Β 

Dew - in answer to your...

”It concernsΒ me when someone says we have made it quieter and lesssensitivity to ground effects.Β Β  DidΒ we dumb it down to do this?””

The answer is no. Careful refinement of circuitry and software result in a performance gain

• Like 2

About the sales tax. Per a Supreme Court Decision last year - any state can impose rules which determine whether an out of state seller has done enough business in a state to have created a β€œnexus” in that state. If this occurs, the seller must register for sales tax in the state, collect it from customers and then report and pay the tax to the state.

Β Allmost all states have now passed enabling legislation and the determining factor is usually the annual total gross sales by the seller into the state in question. Β Most limits are $100k/yr, but some are as low as $10k a year. Β It an AQ ends up costing $2500, 4 sales would take the seller to the limit in that state!!

• Like 1

HI Guys!

I have talked to our dealer in Sweden about the pre-ordering the Impulse.He sent an e-mail to fisher and asked them about the Impulse and they answered that it is not yet available and no price is set.He showed me the e-mail yesterday.Another guy in France put a link in the facebook to a dealer in France who sell or pre-order the Impulse.How thats possible?πŸ€”

It’s only possible because people reward dealers for doing it.Β Keep your money in your pocket until your dealer has it in stock. Why give people interest free loans?

In production does not mean available to purchase. They probably have manufacturing kinks to work out.

• Like 4

Responsible national scale sellers of high demand equipment like new models of cameras, etc. accept pre-orders for newly announced items. They do NOT bill the buyer’s credit card until the item ships. The will automatically ship the item when you become first in line and the item is available. For this reason they may put a β€œhold” of the price of the order on your credit card so that they are guaranteed that the funds will be available when they do ship.

Hi,

You don't know this seller.
He is not very appreciateΒ in France but he has a large community of prospectors barely smarter than a hen. He was sued by XP and lost repeatedly. He has rogue ways. If I was Fisher, I would never do business with him.

Were it not for Denis (LE.JAG) saying it's in production I'd think we were just getting our chains jerked again. I find this tidbit to be particularly disconcerting....

"Also someone sent me a message saying Andy Sabisch visited the plant and they weren’t going to produce it because of complications and was going with the dirt machine."

That would be a real bummer as it isΒ the beach machine I am most interested in. I have a hard time believing the nugget machine could do more than match detectors I have already used in the past, so the beach machine with its promise of PI performance coupled with a ring focused discrimination system seemed to me to be a real possibility forΒ a genuine breakthrough more so than the prospecting model.

It's wintery here now but my clock is ticking towards spring. I hope this unit appears in the next couple months or I will have to start considering other options for my summer. Right now I was kind of gearing up for a summer highly focused on beach detecting but lacking this model I will probably focus more back on nugget detecting after a year long break.