Fisher Impulse AQ In Production

39 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

The Andy S. plant visit story is apparently not true.

Production units are being manufactured. I have no idea how many or at what rate.

A spring launch is expected (by me at least!).

Thanks Rick, I am glad you could confirm that rumor as not true. 👍 With FT apparently under a pretty firm gag order I am sure it is hard to find out anything at all so just knowing the project is alive is good enough for me. Ergonomics and price aside Minelab really has done a good job putting power in prospectors hands, so it really is only the beach detecting arena where I see lots of room for something innovative that can make a genuine difference in results. I have always been puzzled why Minelab did not take a GPX and stuff it in a beach housing but I guess they have been satisfied with the dominance the Excalibur achieved in the market. That has left this opening for FT to exploit. It's about time... it has been over two years now since I had a new detector on the horizon I could actually get excited about! 😎

I suspect the coil is proving hard to make in volume and there may be a high reject rate. It would make sense if I were FT to make 100 or more machines to calculate out the true manufacturing cost once production line kinks are worked out before setting firm retail and wholesale prices.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2019 at 3:35 PM, Rick Kempf said:

Production units are being manufactured. I have no idea how many or at what rate.

A spring launch is expected (by me at least!).

The manta that has evolved into the Impulse AQ has intrigued me since I first started reading about it a few years ago and watched those first videos on youtube.  Admittedly, I haven't bought a new Fisher in a looong time.  Looks like I might still have a month or three to keep accumulating before any orders can be placed. I just need to find a dealer that handles Fisher product that anticipates getting inventory.  Or is Fisher going to have these set up as factor order only ? ? ? ?

Rich-

• Like 2

It would be my first Fisher detector in 50 years of detecting if I can find one when they are released. If there is not enough supply, then I may have to get whatever Minelab's response will be. Maybe a waterproof, beefed up version of the GPX 5000 😄

• Like 2

Dealers will not like me saying this but part of the equation here is keeping the retail price low enough to generate the numbers to make volume. First Texas seems to be morphing Teknetics into a factory direct brand  - the Teknetics website is literally https://www.tekneticsdirect.com First Texas could go big box stores for the volume discount models, and factory direct for the expensive lower volume product not suitable for sale at Walmart. Stuff like the CZ models for instance. Given the specialty nature of this detector it would be a perfect machine to put into the Teknetics line and sell direct. I doubt it will happen but it seems to me inevitable that someday some manufacturer is going to make the leap.

380DD8E0-E8ED-431C-9BB5-3D0048B4E06A.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 12/1/2019 at 12:52 AM, Tnsharpshooter said:

Current exchange rate Euros to US dollars.

https://eur.currencyrate.today/usd/2490

Approx $2750 US 

This price could be different depending  on where units are made- less or more depending (shipping cost). 

That's insane 😠 1500 USA

Europe  2500 !!! Kiss my...First T

3 hours ago, BRUNO said:

That's insane 😠 1500 USA

Europe  2500 !!! Kiss my...First T

I don’t think First Texas has any control over the exchange rate or duty fees. I sent one of my AQ’s to a friend in the UK. Listed it as used for repair to avoid the import fee. $98.00 one way.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

Bruno, you aren’t comparing “apples to apples”. The $1499 price was for the AQ Limited and was intentionally low to get units in the field.

The current guesstimate of the price of the AQ “Unlimited” version is in excess of $2000.

The issue of exchange rate is interesting. Fisher will doubtless set their distributor level price in USD. If the European distributor pays in USD, his actual cost for the unit will be FEWER Euros than the amount in USD. 

European prices are influenced by many factors. There is increased shipping cost, import duties and most significantly - the European price includes Value Added Tax - VAT. US prices NEVER include local sales tax which is added on to the price at checkout.

• Like 2