Stuff From Around The House

I knew my house was old, but just recently found out the owners had this property in 1850. So far no silver, or old coins even, but some interesting finds. I just bought a White's MX7 back in May, and haven't had the opportunity to use it a lot, but I'm giving it a workout lately.

morestuff.jpg

threaded.jpg

SoapTin.jpg

• Like 5

Keep pulling that iron you just might find some old coins. Think the odds are in your favor.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Diggin' It said:

I knew my house was old, but just recently found out the owners had this property in 1850.

I found out that my home has been 2 or 3 churches, Masonic Lodge and back to a church again. I have since turned it into a home but still have the corner stone in the front corner of the place.

I have dug up most of the same things that you have and by the sidewalks found silver from the early 1900's and even a 1889 IH within inches of the sidewalk. All over the yard has been burn piles, and next to them I have found coins. I have found a gold charm bracelet, and more coins near the old trees. I have yet tried the parking lots as they are gravel and I know what kind of mess they will leave for my wife to yell about.

Keep checking all signals that you get because you will find a wide range of things mixed in with the trash.

• Like 3

I like that the MX7 will hit on iron relics. My Equinox, XP Orx and Gold Kruzer don't like iron much. I enjoy digging those iron relics. Might have to pick up that detector sometime.

How is the weight and balance? I had the MX Sport twice but was to heavy for me.

2 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

I like that the MX7 will hit on iron relics. My Equinox, XP Orx and Gold Kruzer don't like iron much. I enjoy digging those iron relics. Might have to pick up that detector sometime.

How is the weight and balance? I had the MX Sport twice but was to heavy for me.

It seems pretty good on balance to me, it only weighs 3.5 pounds..

MX7 is a really nice machine. My Tejon with 10x12 widescan is just shy of 4 lbs but fairly well balanced. It i'ts a little nose heavy just shorten up the shaft a click.

If your running any discrimination, take one of the flat iron nails and set it so the signal is just broken on it but you can still hear it. Iron can drag numbers down on you and that should help. I wouldn't notch anything else out.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 11:05 AM, Diggin' It said:

I was told it could be a soap tin. It's only the top, no bottom.

I was just asking cause there ben times where people have found old coins and stuff in them