Could Not Make Eqx To See The Target

nordic

Chase, my buddy seems to favor and always hunts on Hot 9 program, all standard settings as he doesn't have the control box on his Deus Lite. This is in relation to Deus not picking up the Nox target. I think it was a small peace of lead, about 8" deep. The grass was easily another 3-4" tall.

I was in Park 2, Recovery 4, sensitivity 23, all metal.

Hope this is useful. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

My soil is 50 to 65. I did a test in garden,coins 8 inches down 6 inch apart. 11 inch coil. Set sensitivity to 15 to just get a signal that targets were there. One nickel and one quarter. 0 on g.b. no signal. After g.b., was getting both signals,not great , but a signal i would have not walk by. I always G.B. Every time.

• Like 3

Thanks for that.
Just have to add to this, read somewhere on ML papers, they do seem to have an automatic sensitivity adjustment outside user control, at firmware level, which, kinda, makes depth tests or any tests inconsistent. Hard to tell what else they do in the background.

In my test field I can get a signal for a small 13.5mm - 0.5gram hammer silver coin at 23cm depth already at sensitivity 13-14 ... in Discrimination -a good signal -without ID ... Signal with ID get for sensitivity to sensitivity 17 and more ..- tested in Park2..recovery speed 3.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setting the right Threshold is essential .. increases detection depth, setting to 3 to 7 is considered optimal ...

Equinox.......

For very deep weak signals ... Relying on the right ID on Allmetal is not right ..- because Allmetal is a little deeper .. but weakly filters the signal for the right ID ..- you can often get the signal from -9ID, - 8ID ....

To verify such a signal, use Discrimination set to 0 or better to +1, .. and you will be surprised ..

• Like 1

One other thing, most of places I go, GB would jump from 0 to 80 within 20 meters, so there isn't one setting to suit at all times. I do use GB tracking now and then, but could never confirm it does anything good or bad. Information about GB is pretty vague - what people say vs my experience:
- tracking GB can iron out good targets - not my experience
- tracking GB is too slow - I find it tracks better than GB manually now and then
- tracking GB robs processing power from useful work identifying targets - probably true?
- incorrect GB will limit depth - not sure, need more tests like in post above
- high GB makes more false-positives on bumps - yes, is Nox running hotter on high GB?
- GB is irrelevant in multifreq mode - possibly?
- GB is important in single freq - never use single freq, so not sure

• Like 1

I got another good knowledge about Equinox coils .... in the new Black Sand box I mixed 3x more magnetite = 12% magnetite than in the first test box ... Tests are done at 10 cm depth of 12% magnetite Black sand ..
The first tests showed:

1. Test result ... small 6 "coil at multifrequency ... / except Beach programs / no longer manages such mineralization and ... overloading ... secret weapons are here working at 1F at 5kzh, 10khz, 15khz, 20khz. ..by me there is a lower Tx performance so the received signal for the coil is still at an acceptable level ..
But don't expect much deep reach ... Detection of tested coin size targets is impossible through 10cm black sand ..

2. Surprise ... is of 11 "standard Equinox coil works well ,, and detects even at multi-frequency without problems coin size target ...- but 12% magnetite mineralization no longer breaks strength and accuracy of multi-IQ ID .. showing ID is more like a classic Vlf detector ... shows higher and high ID numbers ...
In previous tests on 4.4% Magnetite mineralization, the strength of Multi-IQ ID is still maintained.

I think after these tests I get closer to the definition of how big should be the optimal coil for VLF or Multifrequency detector ... according to me it can be "DD coil" size from 8-9"to 11" ..

• Like 2

Nordic..to this day I will try to focus on GB differences between multifrequency and 1F frequency in Equinox ,, as well as about deep comparison .. and I will write more about it .. ,,

• Like 1

I did an Equinox test and an 11 "coil, I used a compact Black-sand box which contains 12% magnetite.
In this test, I used several different sized test items from low-conducting items such as an open gold earring 1.15 grams .. 2cm thin gold ring weighing 0.9 grams, and a 13.5mm-0.45 grams silver hammer coin ... to a highly conductive coin US Quarter and also 4 gram silver coin 1korona FJ 1893 .. ,,

I did a test on Park1 for multifrequency, recovery 6-7,iron bias F2=0, discriminacion =0, and sensitivity from 10 to 24.

The Ground balance on the Black Sand was the same for the multi-frequency as well as for the individual 1f frequencies and had a GB value of 2.

In another test, I have also tested Equinox on individual frequencies 5,10,15,20, a40Khz - where I have investigated how high the sensitivity is needed for a given frequency to correctly detect with IDs on various size.. and various conductive objects ..

The test results are a bit of a surprise for me ... Equinox detects all objects over a 10 cm thick layer of Black Sand. on the multifrequency already at c.uz on sensitivity 12-15 .... the only exception is an open gold earring which needed a sensitivity of at least 22-23 ... and more to correctly detect...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The biggest surprise was the direct comparison of the different frequencies on the low conductive-gold target, where it showed the advantage of having 20 and 40 kzh frequencies as opposed to 5Khz or 10 khz.

2cm -0.9gram gold ring was on 1f- 40khz detectable with ID already on sensitivity 11 ...

But when testing the ring at 1f-5khz ... I had to increase the sensitivity to at least 18 to 19 to get a similar good signal from .. ID..but from smaller detection window as it is at detection to 40khz ..

A similar but opposite situation occurred when testing Us 25cent / quarter / ...
When using 1f 5khz I got signal with ID already on sensitivity 11 ..
After changing the frequency to 40 khz, I needed to increase the sensitivity to at least 17-18 to get a similar good ID signal ... but still with a smaller detection window  as it is at detection to 5Khz...

For a small open earrings you will need a sensitivity of 22-24 .. to detect it at 1 frequency of 40KHZ .. Other frequencies 5-20khz here do not have sufficient range ...
Multifrequency detects it at sensitivity 22-23 ...

At the end of the Test,... I tried to find a frequency that would have a good ID range on the high conductive Quarter .. as well as the 2cm low conductive 0.9 grams gold ring ..
As optimal frequency in this test showed 1f -15khz frequency..t but needed good detection of both objects to increase sensitivity to at least 14-15 ... Yes it is a compromise for universality ..

Januar 4 Iphone 5S 2020 001.JPG

Januar5 Iphone 5S 2020 001.JPG

• Like 1