50 Tones Default - Tone Pitch 20 Vs 25

Happa54

Has anyone increased their 50 tone pitch from its default setting of 20 to max of 25?

I want to receive the highest pitch that I can to closely resemble the sounds of the FBS machines, etrac, explorer, safari. I don’t quite get those flutey FBS sounds I would like to hear but the adjustment is as good as it’s going to get, I think. I’m assuming this shouldn’t change anything in areas of performance, because all I’m doing is simply increasing the audio pitch up and down the TID scale. Or is there something else to this once you go off of default settings?   

I thought I’d put this scenario out here to hear feedback from those who are hunting 50 tones set at a higher pitch opposed to its default setting of 20.

I appreciate your feedback.

Yes, I like it, deep silver really sings out 🖕

Oh wait, you're in California, no 25 sucks, you should set it to zero 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

YyI've never messed with it, but might give it a go.  I don't see that it results in any performance hit. If you simply increase the ferrous-non-ferrous tone pitch gap from 20 to 25 it appears to just shift the non-ferrous pitch up by 5 across the board.  If however you shift the ferrous/non-ferrous tone breakpoint up from 0 then you will compress the non-ferrous tone range because there are fewer non-ferrous target IDs.  Weird.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Yes, I like it, deep silver really sings out 🖕

Oh wait, you're in California, no 25 sucks, you should set it to zero 🤔

Thanks Cal but no worries, I don't hunt above the Los Angeles County line. 

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

YyI've never messed with it, but might give it a go.  I don't see that it results in any performance hit. If you simply increase the ferrous-non-ferrous tone pitch gap from 20 to 25 it appears to just shift the non-ferrous pitch up by 5 across the board.  If however you shift the ferrous/non-ferrous tone breakpoint up from 0 then you will compress the non-ferrous tone range because there are fewer non-ferrous target IDs.  Weird.

Thanks Chase. If I were not hunting side-by-side with a couple of hot shot FBS users, I probably wouldn't have thought of tweaking the audio in my 50 tones. I don't want to miss the faintest high conductor squeak which is easily missed depending on how I catch the target....or not.  But you said it in a way that confirms what I have been thinking...."it appears to just shift the non-ferrous pitch up by 5 across the board". 

Re the ferrous/non-ferrous breakpoint....I'll leave this one alone. I want to hear all non-ferrous targets on the default scale.

• Like 1

In park 2, 50 tones I discriminate out from -9 to 3 and 39 and 40 (to help cut down on wrap around falseing). I set the tone break at 10 and the tone pitch at 8/25. I originally used this as a specialty setting but have had such good success with it I have used these settings almost exclusively the past several weeks. The Equinox is amazingly adjustable. 

• Like 1

I turn up the ferrous volume from 5 to 15 and leave the other settings as they are in the 50 tone.  As I remember it when I first got my 800 there were some 'programs' from England from the tester who tried to make the 800 and 600 sound like an FBS.

I've bought a used, working SE Pro to replace one that got wet in the salt water.  It does have some capabilities that the 3030 and the 800 does not have IMHO.   I just have to use it again.  I found lots of GOOD stuff with that machine and my wife has too.  It is really hers now so I'm taking a hands off approach.

Mitchel

I found the article I read from Gordon Heritage:

44 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I turn up the ferrous volume from 5 to 15 and leave the other settings as they are in the 50 tone.  As I remember it when I first got my 800 there were some 'programs' from England from the tester who tried to make the 800 and 600 sound like an FBS.

I've bought a used, working SE Pro to replace one that got wet in the salt water.  It does have some capabilities that the 3030 and the 800 does not have IMHO.   I just have to use it again.  I found lots of GOOD stuff with that machine and my wife has too.  It is really hers now so I'm taking a hands off approach.

Mitchel

I found the article I read from Gordon Heritage:

The link in your 2018 post no longer works, at least not for me.

Correct ... but I am using a different computer so my subscription is not recognized.  I'll have to do more search to see if I can find a working link.

Here is a link on programs!

http://pmdg.org.uk/files/Gordon-Heritage-Equinox-Programs.pdf

I don't know if that is the FBS you want.  It is formatted much better on the PDF!

‘CTX TONES’ Detect Mode: Park 1 Ground Balance: 0 (Factory pre-set) All-Metal (Horseshoe): On Frequency: Multi Volume Adjust: 20+/- (Depending on your hearing) Tone Volume: T1=4, T2=25 Sensitivity: 20+/- (Depending on your search environment) Recovery Speed: 6 Iron Bias: 6 Target Tones: 50 Tone Break: T1=1, T2=12 Tone Pitch: T1=1, T2=20 Threshold Level: 8 Threshold Pitch: 4 Discrim Break accept/reject: None (All Metal) This setup was programmed to get the Equinox to sound as close as I could possibly get to a CTX3030. The tones will closely match the CTX3030 (i.e. small hammered coins will have a low tone, large copper coins a high tone), although the audio responses will sound flat in direct comparison. These settings will allow you to use multi-tone in All-Metal, giving an audio discrimination (lower volume for rejected items). Although this program was designed just for the tones, it is powerful and you can try it on different environments to see if it works for you.

‘CTX TONES’ Detect Mode: Park 1 Ground Balance: 0 (Factory pre-set) All-Metal (Horseshoe): On Frequency: Multi Volume Adjust: 20+/- (Depending on your hearing) Tone Volume: T1=4, T2=25 Sensitivity: 20+/- (Depending on your search environment) Recovery Speed: 6 Iron Bias: 6 Target Tones: 50 Tone Break: T1=1, T2=12 Tone Pitch: T1=1, T2=20 Threshold Level: 8 Threshold Pitch: 4 Discrim Break accept/reject: None (All Metal) This setup was programmed to get the Equinox to sound as close as I could possibly get to a CTX3030. The tones will closely match the CTX3030 (i.e. small hammered coins will have a low tone, large copper coins a high tone), although the audio responses will sound flat in direct comparison. These settings will allow you to use multi-tone in All-Metal, giving an audio discrimination (lower volume for rejected items). Although this program was designed just for the tones, it is powerful and you can try it on different environments to see if it works for you.

Doesn't  "Target Tones of 50"  have only 1 tone break?