geof_junk

Australia V Europe

Egads! maybe i'd better add a couple of days to my wish list trip to Australia.

• Like 1

Interesting map,never knew it was as big as that till you have all the other European countries combined inside the Aussie footprint......just shows us how lucky the UK being so small but steeped in history we are.

That for posting that image.

• Like 1

To add to your map, this is why people mostly live on the edges 🙂  

main-qimg-b2c3fcaf861e496511dc2c4f362584

So unless you want to live in the arid zone the majority of the habitation is in quite a small area compared to the land size.  This next map shows the areas of the world that are most comparable to the sections on the map

main-qimg-0b452a6c846b9f415a4d66e5338fab

All pretty cool maps, Looks like the Victorian gold fields are in the easiest location for a detectorist to live where they hunt.

Seeing the size of the country though it really makes you think there has just got to be some more giant nuggets hiding within the range of a detector, there is no way possible it's detected out 🙂

My wife and daughter are off to Brisbane, Australia today.  They're having 36c temperatures, 96.8f for the next few days.  They're going to get a shock when they're complaining 22c (71.6f) is too hot here.  I never like to go there this time of year, too hot for me so am sitting this trip out.

• Like 3

That map of Europe looks a bit 'distorted' to me. I'm sure the UK isn't that big. Not to mention all of Scandinavia and the Baltic States are missing - Norway, Sweden, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania to name a few.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Found this map on another site

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28424&p=7

It was in relation to Vistors to Australia not being aware of our large distance here.

Australia-europe_area_comparison.jpg

Can you fit New Zealand in there? Plenty of room left in those WA goldfield areas. Might even fit in the gap on the eastern seaboard. 😂

JW 🤠

Righto, I`ve freehanded NZ in, tis that red patch with the gully across the middle just west of Cairns. About the average size of a NQ patch...………….JW the devil made me do it...………...see you at the cricket😉NZ.PNG

Edited by Norvic
Whoops
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Norvic said:

see you at the cricket😉

Should be interesting. You better be on your game. Our boys are on fire. 😂 Sorry....I shouldn't mention Fire. A colleague of Mrs JW's in the wedding filming business was doing a helicopter wedding shoot up into the mountains this week & sent Mr's JW a photo of a glacier & mountain top covered in orange/red ash fallout from your bushfires. :ohmy: Unbelievable. I guess seeing is believing. I will try to see if I can get access to the photo, but I may not be able to use it. Copyright & all that.

JW 🤠

• Like 1

To follow up on what JW said about the snow here covered in red ash fallout from the Australian bush fires the local national news paper did a story on it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12291431

1104660407_pinksnow1.jpg.983ad68bc6791980d83caf3658e9c094.jpg943757053_pinksnow2.jpg.0db2e6ff72b821a7d204317b971c76d8.jpg604334587_pinksnow3.jpg.5f384daae70713639e4b67759d301e40.jpg

Pretty amazing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1