XP Deus As A Pinpointer

Norvic

Recent trip decided to carry the Deus at rear through belt, comfortable and no drama carrying, remote in pocket (off). But on turn on of GPZ, very unstable lots of "EMI" could not tune it out. Took Deus off and walked away 20 yards. EMI gone GPZ back to brilliant norm. Guess I should have expected it as the Deus coil is constantly on standby looking for its remote, thought it would be a ideal pinpointer, certainly put paid to that senior moment in no time.

• Like 3

Just a tad expensive for a pin pointer. Perhaps finding larger nuggets would be a better answer.

I have never carried a pin pointer but with the 7000 it may save a lot of time. I'm going to start doing some research and asking opinions on them.

• Like 1

Got the Deus for coins, but had this "brainwave" it`d solve pinpointing with the GPZ, think I`ll have to be content to scratch around, although that finding bigger nuggets might be the go. Yeah never bothered with a pinpointer neither (although bought a ProPointer awhile back & never used), but the back bent easier then. The ProPointers not bad except the size of gold the GPZ gets stretches its practicality. I think Steves, cutdown GB2 might be the best option, but here in OZ would have to register it as it looks like a lethal weapon and would be sure to get unwanted attention from PC Pubic Serpents.

• Like 1