Is The X-coil 17x12 Sensitive To Small Gold?

Condor

I've been a little hobbled with the sore ribs from my misadventure in Baja.  I hate being cooped up, so I was out poking around in the placer fields of Yuma despite really bruised ribs from my crash in Baja.  Anyone my age has broken ribs in their misspent youth, but at 65 yrs old, they mend much more slowly.  Nevertheless, I get bored and have to be outdoors.  We had some rain in Sunny Yuma last week and in some locations in the desert canyon washes ran a lot of water.  I went out exploring with the GPZ 7000 and the 17x12 X-Coil.  I wasn't really interested in trying to dig deep targets with my bummed up ribs, so I concentrated on newly exposed desert wash walls. I passed on a ton of probable trash targets not wanting to dig deep trash that would trigger muscle spasms and shorten my day.  Ultimately, I marked some good sounding targets for later examination and dug a few that showed shallow hardpack.  Towards the end of my morning I waved the coil over some bench gravels with old drywash fine tailings.  I got such a clear signal that I knew if it was trash, at least it was very shallow.   I pushed the gravels around with my boot and the target moved proving that it was indeed very shallow.  I got out my plasitc scoop and started sorting out the likely target.  On the second scoop I get a booming tone that normally indicates old copper scraps or pieces of copper wire.  I was amazed to see this gold nugget in my scoop.  This nugget doesn't register on my El Cheepo Weed Scale, but even the best scale might find this nuggets weighs in at a few grains.   I believe that the toe of the  17x12  X-Coil which measures at about 8 inches in the sweetspot is far hotter than the Minelab 14" standard coil.  I didn't mention that I used the 17x12 exclusively in Baja, and was going over ground I covered last year with the standard Minelab coil.  I found at least 8 gold nuggets that I missed last year. Nevertheless, feast your eyes on this magnificent gold nugget the X-Coil hit with a hard tone.  I have no affiliation with X-Coil, its manufacturer or distributor. 

tiny gold 001.jpg

tiny gold 002.jpg

39 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

BTW...... 

All the hard digging was done by moi...... 

Did you think just because I left town I wouldn’t check on your posts??? 

🤓

Thanks for the outing and the hospitality.... I won’t tell Brett where you found 

that big one!!!!!

If you, the forum members, have not hosted a visit by NursePaul,  you're missing a real education in absurdity.  He can debate any topic and after a 12pack of Naty's, he starts to make sense.  That Tennessee gene pool is a little muddled, I think he has a cousin that is his own uncle.  Don't even ask him about the exploits of other his cousin "Pedro".  It's the high point of my year to have NursePaul visit and share his wisdom, you just have to keep it all in perspective. 

You would be correct Beatup

Lucky for him I was there to help him dig that thing out!!!

Lucky for me I had my keys where they were supposed to be when we left...... I was messing around when Steve and that dog just took off.

You would think he would know better than to leave me alone without a performing a proper key check first.😂😂😂