Simplex+ Internal Photos

Basically the same ARM CPU as the Equinox, which tells is this thing is way overpowered CPU wise.  

Dilek did mention when they introduced the Simplex at Detectival that their SMF detector would share the same physical housing as the Simplex, perhaps it'll share more than that?

It would be smart that with this being what the future multifrequency model will be housed in to be designing the circuit board and coils, etc. with an eye towards that future purpose. In other words when designing Simplex I would be designing for SMF with the single frequency model just a step and a test bed along the way. The board may very well be multifrequency capable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It would be smart that with this being what the future multifrequency model will be housed in to be designing the circuit board and coils, etc. with an eye towards that future purpose. In other words when designing Simplex I would be designing for SMF with the single frequency model just a step and a test bed along the way. The board may very well be multifrequency capable.

That's my thought, use the SImplex as a test mule. This allows for the physical packaging to get dialed in, as well as the electronics, could be to the point whereas they just load the SMF code on the Simplex platform and it's off to the races as the TriPlex or whatever their going to name it.  That would actually be quite smart, as they can also leverage economies of scale to cost reduce production, keeping the MSRP of their SMF at or below the Equinox. 

Personally, I suspect that if they hit a home run with their SMF, which would simply mean making it on par with the Equinox 800 around the same price point but with their generally generous coil selection,  superior customer service and general all around customer loyalty and ability to build what customers want vs what they think you need, that it would elevate them to the next level in the detector industry.  At that point, I think you'd see a lot of brand loyal folks reconsider what their loyalty is getting them. 

Just my nickles worth (inflation and all). . 

• Like 2

Sooner or later they are going to make a unit that relies on a cellphone and connect to it via Bluetooth with a small circuit board inside the shaft.

• Like 1