So What’s Up With The Detexperts?

Minelab decided to emulate Garrett and put together their own group of social media “stars” called the Detexperts. I thought it was a good idea since social media is where most of the action is these days. I am not talking just Facebook, but also YouTube, Instagram, etc.

The thing is I figured when Vanquish hit the streets we would see all sorts of activity from the Detexperts, and there has been nothing. Zilch. I would have thought Minelab would send them all a Vanquish or something to roll out a social media blitz. Ironically it is people who jumped on the early buy at Dick’s Sporting Goods that are posting all the videos.

I have to admit I am puzzled by Minelab’s marketing at times and can’t really figure out what the whole Detexpert thing was all about. It seems like something they just started and then promptly forgot about. Maybe they just wanted to hand out a few free t-shirts and that was it.

minelab-detexpert-logo.jpg

• Confused 1

The fact that I had never heard of the detexperts until your post is indication enough it never got off the ground, at least on YouTube,  which is the only one I regularly use.

Its interesting they didn't recruit the people that are already popular on YouTube that favor minelab detectors. Minelab is pretty clueless in lots of ways. It's good that they build really good detectors. I dont think they would have made it on marketing or PR skills.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to So What’s Up With The Detexperts?
  • 3 weeks later...

One can only imagine the number of Garrett AT Pro  metal detectors sold because of the videos by Aqua Chigger, Nugget Noggin and Relic Recoverists.

I am sure that Brad of Green Mountain Metal Detecting has help Garrett quite a bit with his very good videos. But I really don't think Brad is part of the Garrett Gang.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tnsharpshooter
On 12/5/2019 at 3:21 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I have to admit I am puzzled by Minelab’s marketing at times and can’t really figure out what the whole Detexpert thing was all about. It seems like something they just started and then promptly forgot about. Maybe they just wanted to hand out a few free t-shirts and that was it.

I also notice none of them have the detector listed as used/possessed  by them either.  Maybe it is so close to Eqx is the reason why. I don’t know.  Or having the same tech aboard or something.