phrunt

New Australian Metal Detecting Tv Show

There is a new show coming to TV called Aussie Metal Detectives.

And they use Equinoxes 🙂

Introducing the Aussie Metal Detectives - Leon Deschamps and Shayne Thomson. Two Aussie blokes digging for the greatest treasure of them all, the lost stories of the men and women who built Australia.

I'll be watching this one!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What channel?

That one looks more interesting than most, doesn't seem like they will go down the over hyped drama road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

What channel?

It's Australian TV, they haven't announced what Channel yet by the looks of it... unless it goes on Discovery channel...

Sounds like it would be a good watch.

Thanks for showing this, could be a good show as long as the producers don't try to introduce argumentative drama into the script which ruins most gold shows. Real life is what is best to see, folks getting along. 

Well, it has to be better than the Weekend Prospect-ah show that was on 7mate 🙂   If you're very bored here's an Aussie detecting show to watch, it's mostly advertising and using a host that would probably be better off joining the Wiggles or something.

It seems Minelab, Coiltek and Miners Den were the big sponsors of this one.... again only watch it if you're bored.  They do use various detectors including the Equinox though... but its very cheesy 🙂 It must have been popular enough they've just announced Season 2.

• Sad 1

I'd rather watch paint dry. Oh, the experts.

• Like 2

That show is an affront and an embarrassment 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Reg Wilson said:

I'd rather watch paint dry. Oh, the experts.

I understand, it's very obvious the show is completely fake and staged, in the first episode in no more than five minutes in he finds a OZ $2 gold coin on the beach, if you look at the ID's that come up on the Equinox it's 6 to 8, that's not a $2 coin coming up at 21/22.

It's almost like watching a big TV ad for the products they use 🙂  I would expect at least some authenticity from a show that makes it onto TV but I guess my expectations are far too high.  A TV show wouldn't want to follow me around for prospecting, I'll spend a day and be lucky to find .2 of a gram, but at least it's real .... I doubt I'd sell the gear they're peddling well though🙂