Music To My Ears

Was on a football field today using the 15" in park 1 and hit a jumpy signal. I decided to dig it because it was loud and chaotic sounding... probably like was said about it by the parents of the teen who owned it originally. When I got it home, I checked to see if there was a tape in it. The tape cover popped off and emptied a full load of wet sand onto the floor...still being obnoxious.  This is the first one of these that I have ever dug. Bucket list: cassette player...check. 

IMG_20191207_142753.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Oh my! 1

I'd be more impressed if it was an 8 track :)

Actually in pretty good shape for sitting in the dirt for so long.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kac said:

I'd be more impressed if it was an 8 track 🙂

Actually in pretty good shape for sitting in the dirt for so long.

Plastic is supposed to last 100's of years. I'm guessing someone will come out with a plastic detector some day after it has been banned. I can just imagine someone 200 years from now cursing all the idiots who threw their plastic bottle caps on the ground.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 year later...

This is a very interesting find, you are lucky to find it . Music in our lives helps us to live. I'm learning to play the guitar now, and I'm learning different rock songs. I recently went to a tutor, but rock guitar books replaced the rock school for me. It's a cool thing, and now I'm a professional in rock guitar works. When I started to study these books, I realized that I couldn't find a better and more understandable explanation. So I advise you and all lovers of guitar rock to read in detail and use this book. I hope my commentary was helpful to you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flydog said:

Have you tried to put batteries in it yet? I'm sure the tape deck is junk but how cool would it be if the radio worked!?

It was completely trashed inside due to the roots of grass growing inside and mud/water filling it up. This was a couple years back that this came out of the ground.