Nuggetfinder Z Coils For GPZ 7000

Northeast

13 hours ago, jasong said:

Is it the photo angle or are these coils much thinner than normal? Hopefully lighter too if so.

hey jasong. yeh the guy I know that tested the coil in Bendigo said that they are thinner and lighter than the stock 14". He also said that the chip problem has been resolved, but whether that means they don`t need a chip, or they are going to be fitted with a Minelab chip or there is some other solution, I have no idea.   I hope the chip problem has been resolved, that`s the only way I`ll buy one.

certainly would be nice to hear from Nuggetfinder or Minelab. But I've spent a lot of time out in the sun over the years so I'm probably hallucinating.

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...

I got this email reply from Nuggetfinder the other day when I inquired about when their coils are coming out.  ”Our 12” Zed coil is expected to be ready by July, this will depend on the supply of some parts we are waiting for.”

Looks like the first is a 12”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

this will depend on the supply of some parts we are waiting for

Hoping and praying that’s the Minelab supplied chips that will allow these coils to be used directly with the GPZ without modification. Since Nugget Finder makes their own coils there is not much else it could be.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Since Nugget Finder makes their own coils there is not much else it could be.

I bet that's spot on…take a look.

https://www.nuggetfinder.com.au

• Like 1

They say:

New for 2020 - Z Search Coils

Our new Z-Search range has been developed specifically for the Minelab GPZ7000.  Manufactured to a High Standard from Quality Materials these coils will offer both the Professional and amateur Prospector a Lightweight, High Quality option for the GPZ7000

At this stage we expect to have at least one small size available by mid 2020 with larger options to follow.

55 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Hoping and praying that’s the Minelab supplied chips that will allow these coils to be used directly with the GPZ without modification. Since Nugget Finder makes their own coils there is not much else it could be.

COVID 19 could be the fly in the ointment, I know a lot of industries in Australia have stalled on manufacturing because of raw material shortages due to factory closures in China. I’m not sure if any of the NF parts like cables, connectors or foam is originally sourced through China but theres a pretty good chance they are in this day and age. Even my PCB’s on the B&Z boosters are made in China now, bought through an Aussie company who originally built my PCBs but who now outsource most of their stuff due to the MASSIVE price difference in manufacturing. 

• Like 2