Nuggetfinder Z Coils For GPZ 7000

Northeast

I want one. Any size change smaller will increase the chances where I work
and hopefully there will be a step in sensitivity.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

On 7/11/2020 at 5:13 PM, geof_junk said:

I think the weight of the coil might be the principle point in getting one..

Yes exactly. 250-300g less weight at the end of the stick on each swing quickly adds up. (I know from swinging the 12x8" Evo compared to the 15" Evo). It would also improve balance by shifting the balance point further back. Also no raised bar along the front half of the coil would be welcome, so I don't have to twist my wrist 90 deg when I'm using a scoop. 

• Like 3

Cool, 990 grams for the 12" Z Coil according to their webpage now. That's 110 grams lighter than the 12" X Coil I have! 

Unfortunately says release delayed until September. Hopefully they get some product here in the US by this winter, I'm very curious how they perform.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

On their web site it says it's a round coil. Does this mean mono-loop? If so,  I wonder how this would compare to the Super-D stock on the GPZ. I always thought the super-D is harmonized with the electronics of the GPZ for better ground processing, one reason the machine is so good.

OK perhaps its a round super-D as well, not mono loop. Anybody know?

Round doesn't mean mono, you can see the (presumably) "O" TX loop outline in the photo in my post which mysteriously appeared even though I didn't put it there. :laugh: It has to be a DOD coil, I don't think mono coils work with ZVT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1