Nuggetfinder Z Coils For GPZ 7000

Northeast

I just imagine how nice it would be to have ZVT ala GPZ with an 8 inch coil (as many times discussed here). I wonder how small super-D or DD coils could go without loosing performance, or without being incompatible with ZVT. But one thing I know: a GPZ with small coil option, water proof, fold-able and weight reduced would be likely the best selling ML machine ever created 🙂 Worth the original GPZ price, or more, in my view...Would mean though that the SDC would be out of business.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, phrunt said:

Calling it a 12" is a bit of a stretch..... 330mm DOD which according to my maths abilities is 12.99 inches.

One more example of lack of standards in metal detectors?  Is the coil size quoted determined by the actual (internal) metal coil size or the plastic housing it fits into?  Seems to depend upon whom you ask, unfortunately.  I assume that's what's going on here, but I could be wrong.

Is this the only GPZ coil NF is working on?

Sounds like that is the only size for now. Can't see me buying one as it is too close to the stock 7K coil. 

• Like 1

“Holy imitation Batman” same size buys me nut‘in’.

Crimineee, all this wait and only 12”!   Cancel my order!

It is baffling why, when you have a chance to make a new x-type coil, with MineLab's help,  you choose to make what is essentially a clone of the stock coil. That simply does not make sense.
Perhaps it is more sensitive?
That is the only reason I can come up with for that kind of an economic decision.
Even if it is a touch lighter, does that alone justify the expenditure?
For me that is "no."
I hope I have missed something, because otherwise,

I don't get it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

with MineLab's help

That there might be why it's so close to the stock size, Minelab may have some very rigid engineering standards or specifications which they require 3rd parties to comply with, and those standards might necessitate coils to be certain sizes/geometries?

ML never made a smaller coil despite promising one, maybe for the same reason. No idea, just guessing. It seems really odd that they would announce a 12" coil, call it a 12", then after a large delay the coil ends up really being 13", why not just call it 13" from the start?

• Like 1

The big test of course will be an in ground comparison with the standard coil. If Nuggetfinder has managed to do what X coils have proven, and that is to out perform the ML coil then NF will have a seller, as it is also lighter. Only independent testing will tell if this coil is a winner.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1