Nuggetfinder Z Coils For GPZ 7000

Northeast

30 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I recall you saying you were planning on getting one jasong, is this still the case? 

I might get one if they are cheap enough (like $350) just so I can do comparisons and then resell it, if it appears there is enough demand to resell easily. I can't help but notice the blurb about being "affordable" has disappeared from their website though so I very highly doubt it'll be anywhere close to that number. It does say it includes a lower shaft, which is nice.

But like you, being 13" makes me not even too excited about doing a comparison now though, since the only other 13" coil I have is the stock coil, which I never use anyways.

I can buy an EQ800 for $899 with an extra coil, maybe cheaper if I shopped around. And with my GB2 now 15 years old, plus me having a lot of yards available to detect through my job, it seems like a much better use of money, if I get that much available to spend.

I'll probably run into someone with the NF out in the field though eventually, to compare to.

Using other materials that Jason mentioned can be used on small coils where the coil is wound around a small core. Small AM radio antennas use a ferrite core to great advantage. 

Some pin pointers and metal detector probes use ferrite rods to reduce the size and concentrate the magnetic field. But the cores weigh more than the wire wrapped around them.

Any material used must not dampen the high frequency positive and negative transitions of the ZVT waveform. Which is much higher than any VLF frequency.

I haven’t seen an example of using a light weight dispersed or a ring of material in a method that would work to an advantage in our use.

Just for information in the photo of the inside of the Minelab 14” coil. The entire coil assembly is encased in rigid foam and then suspended by soft rubber mounts through the four large holes in the center.

As for purchasing a new coil; I have a wait and see what our Australian friends report. It needs to have improved performance over the Minelab and similar sized Russian coils at affordable price to be a good seller. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Does anyone on the forum have plans of buying the 12 inch 13 inch NF? I would be interested to hear their opinion of it vs the stock coil especially on small targets.  I was intending to get one as I wanted to compare it to my current 12" but 12" is about as big as I'd want to use and even that is pushing it.  I've had good finds with my 12" really tiny stuff. The 13" is getting a bit too big for me to outlay the money, I've only used my stock coil once it was just too big when I had smaller options.  I know its a big ask if anyone who has the current 12" is going to get one to do a comparison so anyone getting one will do.  I recall you saying you were planning on getting one jasong, is this still the case?  I think I even told my dealer to get me one, I best contact him and change that if I did.  It's been that long since it happened.

Simon your post’s are full of baits and triggers, I get that your balancing the books but until there’s actually a coil available to do a comparison there is little point to constantly jibing away, I say this with all due respect.😬 This is a little like the GPX 6000 thread, full of supposition and guess work, based on very little factual information. 

The main thing for me is the Z search coils from NF will be lighter and plug and play offering massive peace of mind, that alone makes it worth the wait, I for one wish they were doing a larger coil first. Till the dealers are actually told there is stock available the sizes being proposed are irrelevant, in the past when I was doing testing for them I often saw Nugget Finder make big changes to coils and design techniques almost overnight, thats the beauty of having a small factory, they can quickly make changes to designs right up to the last minute.

I’d say the real reason why the coil has been delayed so much is the massive demand since COVID, our shop has struggled all season to get stock from all of our suppliers, it is maddening to have a shop in the middle of the busy season with huge demand with no stock, no coils, no picks and no detectors!! It’s been that crazy!! Every dealer in Australia has this issue right now, getting Nugget Finder EVO coils has been extremely hit and miss for the last 3 months.

JP

• Like 7

On 8/28/2020 at 7:00 AM, phrunt said:

It's like every new product thread JP, it happens 🙂 You clearly don't read the VLF threads like the Apex 🙂 It's been a long wait, and we are nearing the end of the wait now!  By the sounds you didn't get to test these NF coils 😞  I thought you would have been.  I guess NF will be as disappointed as everyone about the pushed out release date, detecting mostly taking place in winter right and the coil coming out towards the end of the cooler months.

It is what it is, I’m used to Product Development pathways and the hurdles that get in the way of finishing dates. I spend the bulk of my time trouble shooting issues that flair up, these can be very time consuming to isolate and sometimes require a redesign, it what it is and I’d rather things be held up and done right than quality/performance be compromised.

Simon I dabble in lots of things to do with gold detectors and hardware etc and especially with Minelab am bound by NDA’s. 🤐 Since my last visit I see NF have updated their website and have specifically mentioned 12”, so until I actually receive a price list and a date when stock will be available I will be considering everything I read and hear to be very fluid and open to change.

JP

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Till the dealers are actually told there is stock available the sizes being proposed are irrelevant, in the past when I was doing testing for them I often saw Nugget Finder make big changes to coils and design techniques almost overnight, thats the beauty of having a small factory, they can quickly make changes to designs right up to the last minute.

Only irrelevant if you have some kind of information we don't. 

Otherwise, right now all the factual information we were given is the "12 inch" from the website and "330 mm" from their photo, so those sizes are specifically relevant.

20 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I see NF have updated their website and have specifically mentioned 12”, so until I actually receive a price list and a date when stock will be available I will be considering everything I read and hear to be very fluid and open to change.

It's been 12" on their website for quite some time. The new info we have now is the photo with 330mm. That is info provided by Nuggetfinder or a dealer themselves, not guesses.

So, unless you have inside information then what you are doing is guessing about changes. Which you seem to take exception to others doing.

The irony is that the bit about the NDA's combined with the lack of denial that you are testing these coils is written with an apparent intention to make people guess that you are in fact testing these coils, or at least guess that you know something more than we do about them. While we just got chastised for guessing, we are in the same reply almost encouraged to guess again.

No offense intended man, just a strange chain to read and try to make sense out of.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, jasong said:

Only irrelevant if you have some kind of information we don't. 

Otherwise, right now all the factual information we were given is the "12 inch" from the website and "330 mm" from their photo, so those sizes are specifically relevant.

It's been 12" on their website for quite some time. The new info we have now is the photo with 330mm. That is info provided by Nuggetfinder or a dealer themselves, not guesses.

So, unless you have inside information then what you are doing is guessing about changes. Which you seem to take exception to others doing.

The irony is that the bit about the NDA's combined with the lack of denial that you are testing these coils is written with an apparent intention to make people guess that you are in fact testing these coils, or at least guess that you know something more than we do about them. While we just got chastised for guessing, we are in the same reply almost encouraged to guess again.

No offense intended man, just a strange chain to read and try to make sense out of.

This is why I don’t post much here anymore🥴, being constantly fine tooth combed, my NDA comments were in regard to GPX rumour threads etc. I haven’t looked at the NF website for a fair while and noticed they expressly say 12” which is quite a detailed number, whereas all the photographs I’ve seen show the coil in a lot of different guises, so I think I’m right to take all pictures with a grain of salt, this also coincides with the couple of variants I have actually tried but am not inclined to discuss for the exact above reasons. 🤔

Not trying to rub anything in anyone’s faces just that until you either actually hold a finished coil in your hand, or see the dealers with one or sight the dealers order list it’s still in development, why they keep putting teasers out there is anyone’s guess but I’d say it’s because of COVID19!!

This is the last I will post on this subject until more concrete information gets released, members can read between the lines all they like, I for one am done for now!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jonathan Porter said:

but until there’s actually a coil available to do a comparison there is little point to constantly jibing away, I say this with all due respect.😬 This is a little like the GPX 6000 thread, full of supposition and guess work, based on very little factual information. 

It’s a forum and speculating, suppositions, and guess work about new products is a large part of the show. Like Simon notes I don’t know that you follow it JP, but the same thing goes on and always has with every new product by every manufacturer on the forum. Apex has been hot, the stuff around the Impulse AQ is just nuts, and NokMak Multi is up next.

This is a lot of free advertising for Nugget Finder (over 22,000 views) so something tells me they and others don’t mind. NF, Minelab, or any other company is welcome to step in at any time to clear up anything they want. But they won’t, and if anything they feed the fires by telling us about product far in advance of arrival. This sort of thing went on for half a year with Equinox. Nobody made Minelab jump out of the plane with one at Detectival, and nobody made Nugget Finder announce this coil so early. The fact they did tells me they want this kind of social media speculation and coverage. Free advertising and a chance to keep people from buying something else while the work continues.

Anyway, I’m sorry it all stresses you out so much JP. The reality for me as forum owner is I will continue to encourage early information and posting about it here, for the express purpose of stirring up speculation, suppositions, and guess work! :smile:

• Like 8

330 mm is as close as you can get to 13 inch ( 12.9921" ) The only thing known about it's usefulness is the Weight. Which is 2/3 of the ML DOD 14" coil, or as a salesman would say the ML is half (50%) as heavy again than the NuggetFinder ZSearch 330mm Coil. 😀 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It’s a forum and speculating, suppositions, and guess work about new products is a large part of the show. Like Simon notes I don’t know that you follow it JP, but the same thing goes on and always has with every new product by every manufacturer.......

Anyway, I’m sorry it all stresses you out so much JP. The reality for me as forum owner is I will continue to encourage early information and posting about it here, for the express purpose of stirring up speculation, suppositions, and guess work! :smile:

I'm not stressed Steve,  you assume that I am.😏

I avoid posting here these days because of exactly what's just happened, open house for everyone to say and imply what they please but anything I say that might provide some balance or a differing view always seems to trigger a strong emotional misinterpretation of what it is I'm actually saying. 

Thanks for reminding me it's YOUR  forum.....again.👌

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I see the front page now says "A new range of coils to suit the Minelab GPZ" (emphasis mine).

I honestly can't recall if I saw that before or not. But that does seem to indicate that multiple sizes may be in the works. It also says "high performance" which really could be interpreted to mean anything, but one would hope what they mean is there is some kind of performance increase.

• Like 1