Nuggetfinder Z Coils For GPZ 7000

Northeast

No good about the lack of stock for your shop JP,  hope that resolves itself soon.

Hopefully you keep posting info on your gold hunts and finds here too, when you get the time. There has been much useful info and entertainment in them.

Thanks,

GC

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yup, it's been there from the start, in questioning they've said they plan to make some larger coils than the 12 13" but nothing smaller.

Does anyone actually want a larger coil?  We already have that 19" behemoth. Do they not hear the peasants screaming smaller smaller?

Minelab must have their hands tied, as they dont seem to want that small coil option out there to compete with sdc2300 sales.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

The only benefit the SDC would have is being a waterproof detector.

I also like that the SDC is foldable. I can't think of any other detector with this performance level that I would take on a 8 mile hike into the bush (although I have done that shouldered with the GPZ.....). I could also imagine that more coil options would become available for the GPZ as the GPX 6000 is rolling out. Like a product refresh cycle. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phrunt said:

My GPZ with small coil fits in my backpack.  Although the Qed is an ideal super light alternative for the long haul. 

Are you thinking genuine Minelab GPZ coils are in the near future? They may shock us 😲

Who knows. But I bet ML has heard the complaining  about the lack of coil options loud and clear. They may team up with someone (NF?....). Obviously, they know about the success of the X-coils and I would think they want a piece of the coil pie eventually...;).

I think the GPZ even with the small coil would poke out from my back pack. At times, I want to hide all my equipment including pick in my backpack, so nobody knows what I am up to. If asked about my big backpack, I just say I am a photographer....;)

A fold down handle on the GPZ would be a godsend.

For balance, I do wonder if people may be underestimating the usefulness of a lighter 12" coil (assuming it's not 13") that equals or exceeds the GPZ14. Having used the X12 extensively, I have to say it's my favorite all arounder, and what I bring when I hike in with only 1 coil to a new spot. If I didn't have my range of coils, I might give a Z12 some serious consideration to replace the stock coil, as I feel it really should be the size the unit came with stock to begin with. Having my current range of coils, it is less appealing to me for obvious reasons, but I don't want to let that opinion taint the opinion of those who don't want to cut their cables.

It may not be what some really need here who are looking for smaller ellipticals or rounds, but if it compares equally to the X12, my personal opinion is it will be superior in almost every way to the stock coil, just on general principal. With the 6000 coming out, I'd probably wait and see what that turns out to be before dropping $1k on a coil, but that's just me and I have to buy everything big on loan so I have to be careful with spending.

They are probably not going to be cheap though, too inexpensive and they are a source of a cheap chipped cable and a lower shaft to use on a coil of more preferable size.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WesD said:

Does anyone actually want a larger coil?  We already have that 19" behemoth. Do they not hear the peasants screaming smaller smaller?

Minelab must have their hands tied, as they dont seem to want that small coil option out there to compete with sdc2300 sales.

YES! This peasant has been screaming larger larger for ages. The 19" is a brilliant coil but it is ground specific. It was not a step it out prospecting coil.

It's main drawback was it's weight. The only reason I sold it was because Putin and NF had offerings on the horizon that promised to be much lighter.

The stock GPZ coil and my SDC suit me fine for the small stuff I find already so I'm not after a smaller coil...but that's me.

On 8/29/2020 at 3:30 AM, Gold Catcher said:

I also like that the SDC is foldable. I can't think of any other detector with this performance level that I would take on a 8 mile hike into the bush (although I have done that shouldered with the GPZ.....). I could also imagine that more coil options would become available for the GPZ as the GPX 6000 is rolling out. Like a product refresh cycle. 

The SDC (like the GPZ) also has durability and reliability. I's a tough little bugger that will take an absolute pounding and keep going and going and going.

Whether it's stuffed behind the seat of Cruiser, bouncing around the back of my Perentie or bungy tied on the quad, it just does not fail. Complete confidence in the thing which is a big part of the detecting / prospecting  mindset. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

You've got keen eyes Geof, maybe that photo wasn't as remote as it looks.  Probably someones gravel driveway 🙂

That could be way I have had such good luck with sunbakers.😉

• Like 1