Sign in to follow this  
pinpointa

Fisher Impulse AQ Book Or Manual

Somebody with access to early hardware would have to write it. There are several folks out there with a track record of producing “early books”. Andy S is an example of this.

• Like 1

The Book should be written by Le Jag who else?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

and maybe some demos video

I can do the translation from French to English for a :fisher: IMPULSE Cap

RR

• Like 1

A good user manual is a joy to use - a bad one is hell on earth. It’s tough to walk the line between what is necessary and useful and what just adds bulk and confusion. Tech writers get paid good money to do this well.

A supplementary book - full of background on where the detector came from and how PI’s differ from VLF - going on to info developed from usage in the field - those are also valuable, but very different than the user manual.

• Like 3

I'd enjoy reading Le Jags story of the inspiration behind the Manta and the development / evolution into the Impulse AQ. 

Steve, are you going to be adding an Impulse Sub-page to the Fisher Forum similar to the Equinox? Is there enough overall interest for a separate page ? 

Rich

10 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

A good user manual is a joy to use - a bad one is hell on earth. It’s tough to walk the line between what is necessary and useful and what just adds bulk and confusion. Tech writers get paid good money to do this well.

A supplementary book - full of background on where the detector came from and how PI’s differ from VLF - going on to info developed from usage in the field - those are also valuable, but very different than the user manual.

I'd be happy without either of those, if I could just get the machine soon. My beach season is in full swing now. Sometimes it's more fun without a manual 😄

If I can figure out this smart ass IPHONE I don’t see any metal detector giving me trouble!

Sure as poo stinks I’ll be eating my words!

Chuck 

On 12/8/2019 at 1:52 AM, pinpointa said:

Could there be an early book on the horizon?

By who? (lol)....

cjc

Clive has written a book on every serious detector since the Pharoh’s favorite forked stick for finding gold. I have bought several of them and they are clearly useful.

I hope and expect that he gets his hands on one early and gets busy. 

Of course there may be others who think this would be fertile ground to ploughing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JEKOS123
      Hello Guys,
      I'm new on this forum and like Alexandre Tartar, I live in north of France.
      I was a young prospector in the 90's and asked my father (electronic engineer with good knowledge in magnetic field theory) to build a PI to hunt the beaches. So we have made, in a few months, an home-made PI metal detector 25 years ago, based on the technology of the old White's Surfmaster PI (mono coil). I remember the use of FETs (Field Effects Transistors to make 200 volts pulses). It worked, but unfortunately, my father was afraid by a so powerful magnetic fields and has continued his research on VLF detectors, until today !
      After this short presentation, here's my question :
      Is the Impulse AQ a bipolar detector ?
      Le Jag has explained us on the french forum "detecteur.net"  this technology developped by Alexandre :
      Positive and Negative pulse are alternatively sent.
      The positive one light the gold ring but magnetize the soil.
      The negative one demagnetize the soil.
      What about it ?
    • By PPP
      HI guys!
      It feels very good that this nice forum is at high speed with all discussions about the AQ with all different subjects about the AQ.We are now in the middle of january and still nothing from the Fisher.No reports from any tester, no videos, no manual, nada...it feels kind of depressing without knowing any informations at all.I know that LE.JAG and Alexander can't say anything about these informations even though the know for sure.Is there any thought or any guesses about these questions? 
    • By PPP
      I think the Garrett ATX challenges the AQ most and maybe TDIBH come close after ATX only in raw depth.I have myself an ATX and hunt my beach with it. Max sensitivity givs me around 15 inches for a normal coin size object.My Garrett sea hunter is absolutly no match and even my Equinox has no chance.The fair comparisson is ATX (PI , almost same coil size,waterproof ) I think the AQ has only one tone for both high and low conductive targets and one for iron.The ATX has one tone for high and one tone for low conductive targets but you have no tone for iron which makes one to digg all.
    • By fredmason
      I may have missed this issue..you know I am not very smart.
      will the prospecting, nugget finding version be wireless?
       I could not, would not buy another detector that doesn’t have a module.
      thanks
      fred

• By Tony
      I know this is asking a bit too much but for some hunters, a “Lite” version of the AQ would be perfect, especially if it was cheaper 👍
      I would be happy with a version minus the REJECT knob and associated 3 ID modes.
      Running in AM and being able to tweak the pulse delay and ATS is all I need.
      Having said that, I fully appreciate and respect what has gone into the AQ Impulse....it is “a lot of gun” 🤠
      Tony