Fisher Impulse AQ Book Or Manual

The Book should be written by Le Jag who else?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

and maybe some demos video

I can do the translation from French to English for a :fisher: IMPULSE Cap

RR

• Like 1

A good user manual is a joy to use - a bad one is hell on earth. It’s tough to walk the line between what is necessary and useful and what just adds bulk and confusion. Tech writers get paid good money to do this well.

A supplementary book - full of background on where the detector came from and how PI’s differ from VLF - going on to info developed from usage in the field - those are also valuable, but very different than the user manual.

• Like 3

I'd enjoy reading Le Jags story of the inspiration behind the Manta and the development / evolution into the Impulse AQ. 

Steve, are you going to be adding an Impulse Sub-page to the Fisher Forum similar to the Equinox? Is there enough overall interest for a separate page ? 

Rich

10 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

A good user manual is a joy to use - a bad one is hell on earth. It’s tough to walk the line between what is necessary and useful and what just adds bulk and confusion. Tech writers get paid good money to do this well.

A supplementary book - full of background on where the detector came from and how PI’s differ from VLF - going on to info developed from usage in the field - those are also valuable, but very different than the user manual.

I'd be happy without either of those, if I could just get the machine soon. My beach season is in full swing now. Sometimes it's more fun without a manual 😄

If I can figure out this smart ass IPHONE I don’t see any metal detector giving me trouble!

Sure as poo stinks I’ll be eating my words!

Chuck 

On 12/8/2019 at 1:52 AM, pinpointa said:

Could there be an early book on the horizon?

By who? (lol)....

cjc

Clive has written a book on every serious detector since the Pharoh’s favorite forked stick for finding gold. I have bought several of them and they are clearly useful.

I hope and expect that he gets his hands on one early and gets busy. 

Of course there may be others who think this would be fertile ground to ploughing.