Equinox 6" Coil Connector Repair...Update,Fixed!

microsniper

On 12/9/2019 at 10:15 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

If you need one I have a cut off extra I can mail you. Would just need your mailing address via PM. Let me know.

Hi Steve

if you have any left I would buy one. Equinox 800 coil connector.Please let me know . Thanks 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 1:34 AM, microsniper said:

Thanks Fred, funny enough I just bought  a nice padded case for the back of the truck to carry the detector(S) in..to protect them!  I think it was just the bouncing around on the back roads that did it....

Mine got "squelched" when I was working a hole that had some roots running through it...my digging implement slipped off a root with energy, and slapped down on the connector...just busted it right off...looked exactly like the picture in this thread.

It happened so fast...lesson learned. Lay that detector AWAY from the action.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need a plug too, if anyone has one for sale?

Do you have a pressure hose? try blast the pins out then let it dry, you've got nothing to lose.  Even try a air compressor with high pressure,  Spray in the holes with some silicone spray or WD 40 first, you can always clean it off with electronics cleaner if you get the pins out to clean the oil off.

• Thanks 1

Your first place to look for these connectors is eBay.. you may get lucky and find a US supplier, but generally, you're going to find the suppliers are located in places like:
"shequxiufenggongyechengA5dongsanloudong 5518000 shenzhen China"

Search in the 'Business/industrial' category for:
"M12 connector" ; "M12 sensor connector" ; "M12 8 connector"

You're wanting the 8 pin socket, straight body, 7mm cable gland hole.
These are all quite fat connectors, as they have screw-terminal cable fixings. Finding solder-bucket types is like finding unicorn dung. I have seen connectors with a short 30cm length of cable all ready moulded ... but you don't want their particular choice of wires / shield ( probably some industrial sensor standard? ) , so they are not as good as they may first appear.

For guidance, here's some listed on UK eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304622962621

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175222142618

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1