Newbie From Tulare, Ca

LarryD

Hi everyone

I joined this website a few weeks ago and finally decided to chime in. When I retired 6 years ago I was thinking what I wanted to do in retirement. I already flew RC airplanes so I thought metal detecting would be fun. I bought a Whites Prism and used it for awhile but I was going out by myself and it was kinda boring. When I fly my planes there are a bunch of old retired guys and we fly for 5 minutes and talk for an hour. Anyways my wife for some reason has gotten the bug to hunt for gold. We recently took a trip to Sonora, CA where we used to camp a lot and that really got her fired up as this is gold country. So I bought the Whites Goldmaster 24k and I found a prospecting club in Clovis, CA which we are going to join and I have been doing a lot of research of old and current gold claims in the Sierra's close to us. So that being said at some point I will post our adventures. Even if we never find gold at least we will be stomping around the beautiful Sierra's.

• Like 3

Welcome Larry,

You are a lucky man to have a spouse interested in swinging a detector!ย  I'm sure you all will meet some great people in the prospecting club, and on this forum! Looks like your in for some fun times, and greatย finds! Good luck!๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

Hey LarryD

ย  Itโ€™s great to have you and you made a great pick on that detector. If you ever get it passed so we can dredge again Iโ€™ll be there .

ย I was stationed at Castle 61to 64 and thatโ€™s where I got into prospecting. At that time I didnโ€™t know when I started what I was doing right are wrong. That was the day of metal pans and I made all my equipment. I must say wasnโ€™t a lot!

ย The Best!

ย Chuckย 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Larry, two other great local Prospecting Clubs in the CV are Delta Diggers and Central Valley Prospectors. Be sure to attend the GPAA Gold Show in Sacramento March 14 and 15. Hope to see you there. HH Jim

• Like 1

Welcome! It's nice to meet you (in a sense).

Happy hunting, hope you find many great things.

On 12/20/2019 at 3:17 PM, Jim McCulloch said:

Larry, two other great local Prospecting Clubs in the CV are Delta Diggers and Central Valley Prospectors. Be sure to attend the GPAA Gold Show in Sacramento March 14 and 15. Hope to see you there. HH Jim

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated. I just found out one of the guys I fly RC planes with is also into prospecting with his son. He said there was a club in Bakersfield they planned to join so I will look into thatย  one too. Thanks again.

ย