Detectorpro Headphone Toggle Size Question

Does anyone know the thread size of the toggle switches in the detector pro phones? Grey Ghost, Black Widow. I want to order toggle boots for them. I called detector pro and they had no idea on thread size. I know this thread gets lots of eyes. If I get an answer and the mods want to move this to somewhere else, thanks.

Dave

I am sorry that I don't know the size , however some auto part stores can measure them and tell you the size.

Without seeing them I have no idea.

You should be able to use a tape measure to find out what size they are by placing the part on the tape and finding the size that way.

Sorry I could not be much help.

10 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

I am sorry that I don't know the size , however some auto part stores can measure them and tell you the size.

Without seeing them I have no idea.

You should be able to use a tape measure to find out what size they are by placing the part on the tape and finding the size that way.

Sorry I could not be much help.

That would be a good idea if my phones were not in Mexico.

20 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I’ll look at my NDTs tomorrow, should be the same.

Thanks Steve, I really didn't know what to tell him and I figured that if you would see someone respond to his request that you would look at it.

If I had the part and I could see it I would be able to tell him what it is, but I don't have it.

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I’ll look at my NDTs tomorrow, should be the same. Kind of crazy DetectorPro can’t tell you!?!

Yes I agree. I spoke to the head guy. Stated they just buy them in batches, and has no idea in thread size. When I looked on ebay there are different sizes. Both in SAE and Metric. Just figured I was not the first one asking and someone would know. I have two sets of Black Widows. My older set, the switches are frozen from the salt air. Just wanted to protect my newer pair.

Thanks Dave 

I have to admit to chickening out on this. My Nugget Buster NDT headphones have one mode switch, and they are sealed units. That means if I loosen that nut I may not be able to get it back on tight with no way to access the backside of the switch. The same issue would exist putting on a boot. I can't really determine the size or thread type accurately without taking it apart, unless somebody has some brilliant suggestion. The worst part is according to DetectorPro there is no standard, so I am not sure my switch is the same as what you would have anyway. I am open to suggestions but I don't think loosening that nut is a good idea at the moment.

detectorpro-nugget-buster-ndt-mode-switch.jpg

Midalake, 

Maybe an off the wall idea, but in the interim, you may be able to make your own out of liquid silicone, or liquid rubber! If you make a mold of the switch without taking it apart!

Or apply a few  light coats to switch! May not be pretty, but should weatherproof it for awhile!

Also, some auto parts stores carry the switches and boots! Maybe an option! 👍👍