Back At It...a First

The 1929 wheat in the first picture looks like it has a double rim on the left side and top of Lincoln!   👁👁👍

On 12/16/2019 at 9:24 AM, Joe D. said:

The 1929 wheat in the first picture looks like it has a double rim on the left side and top of Lincoln!   👁👁👍

Holy crap! You made me look, and it sure does! Honestly, hope I dont sound like an elitists dick...but I dont like finding wheatys. Usually throw them in the change jar bound for coinstar. Now I gotta go find where I put that! Thanks for pointing it out, guess I will look carefully for now on!

• Like 1

Look at GB Amateurs thread: "Unusual Coin Find " (Long Post) before you toss your next wheat! His his quite a find!!👍👍

Don't fret too much if you can't find it, as that is a pretty common strike error, if it is indeed an error.  Based upon the found condition of the coin it doesn't really change the collectable value.  But a wheat is a wheat, and casually throwing it in coin star does seem like sacrilege to a coin collector, despite their minimal collectable value as they are dated items nearly 100 years old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Don't fret too much if you can't find it, as that is a pretty common strike error, if it is indeed an error.  Based upon the found condition of the coin it doesn't really change the collectable value.  But a wheat is a wheat, and casually throwing it in coin star does seem like sacrilege to a coin collector, despite their minimal collectable value as they are dated items nearly 100 years old.

don't think to many collectors want crusty green pennys. I check the date, bout it. Rather keep room for relics and older coins...if you detect long enough, you end up with thousands of wheats.

Tell me about it.  But I like to give them to kids to get them interested in detecting or coin collecting.  Yeah, adult collectors would turn their noses up at them but kids holding a 100 year old coin gets them thinking (though in today’s age of electronics, perhaps not as exciting as when I found my first toasted IHP at a swap meet when I was 9 or 10 years old which started me collecting, I suppose).

• Like 2