Why Can't I Get A Ferrite Ring For My GPZ 7000?

Hey JP,

Sorry if it came across that way, that wasn't my intention by any means.  Your articles, videos and such are seen by thousands of prospectors and metal detectorist around the Globe, many take what you say as "Gospel."  This is great to have such an influence on people and their success JP.  

Thanks for always writing great articles and providing us with outstanding DVD's.  Hope to see a DVD from you on the GPZ 7000 soon.  

Your friend,

Rob Allison

• Like 3

please don't strike me down, but JP's  the god I've been saying my verses to every night before bed... and may JP guide me to the golden light - ta

hope nobody finds this offensive (so many years of catholic school to recover from), but we are all like giddy school girls when JP talks of gold and I hope that never stops!

• Like 1

Thanks for the memory pic Chris, that was a great year for me having you guys in my camp for a few weeks and chasing some gold in the red dirt of WA.

Here's a pic of a 21 gram piece I got a few days ago with my GPZ. 

JP

post-9-0-04431800-1438860977_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hey 1515Art and others,

Thanks for posting that, as you're one of many thousands that really pay attention to what the experts say (J. Porter).  I guess this is what I really meant from the beginning, JP might not know how many people really follow his postings, articles and watch the DVD's.  I think it's awesome as we need more guys like this out there.  

Reno Chris - Great picture of you guys.  I was fortunate enough to meet JP in person many years ago when we came out for one of the AZO Outings at Rich Hill.  No question he has a great sense of humor and an enjoyable person to be around.  

I would like to find out were JP washes his hands so I can pan out the gold from under his finger nails! Nice work fellas. Thanks  for posting.

strick

From Minelab Chris? They sent me an email this morning saying they were still on backorder...

If nothing else you'd think they'd express mail 2 rings out to the 2 guys posting on this thread who haven't got them. $20 bucks versus ongoing bad press on probably the most visited forum when it comes to the 7000... They had this exact same backorder problem on accessories for months when the GPZ was first released, I can't imagine its that difficult to count how many units you've sold and plan accordingly but apparently this will be an ongoing issue.

I just don't get it at all. 3 months and still waiting for something they could also just have sent from Digikey or Mouser right now if they are really unable to get them from wherever they have been backordered from.

It would sure be nice if Minelab would explain this in either the 4 emails I've sent them or at least a short post on here. Murphy being Murphy, here is exactly what will happen this fall 1200 miles from home when I run into balancing issues and want to send the machine in for repair: "Sir, we are going to need to you to first test the machine with the ferrite ring before sending in for repair"  <_<

• Like 2