Why Can't I Get A Ferrite Ring For My GPZ 7000?

well, I have been told that mine is in the mail, however, many a contractor told me that the check was in the mail...I am still waiting for some of those checks...

Ps this is not intended to offend my dealer....just a little drywaller humor

fred

• Like 4

Is the Minelab Ferrite Ring any different from the myriad of Ferrite Rings/Toroid Coils on ebay for $2 - $5?

Mike

• Like 1

From the Minelab Knowledge Base Article at http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/274444/KBA_26-1%20GPZ%207000%20Tips%20for%20Better%20Ground%20Balance.pdf

"A ‘dust iron’ toroid suitable for the HF frequency band (e.g.1–30MHz with an initial permeability of between 6 and 10) has been carefully selected. It is recommended to use this specific Minelab accessory, only. Alternate ferrites may significantly degrade ground balance quality."

Well I am happy to say that Minelab is now mailing me a ferrite today. Maybe they read this thread or realized I was getting a bit impatient and frustrated in my last email to them, either way this time it got elevated to a manager and took about 5 minutes to get one after that, no more canned responses and everyone was very helpful this time.

• Like 1

Yes Chris

You might need two, but they both need to be ZEDS. Finding an area without a target is tough.

• Like 1