Ml 80 Volume & The Nox

Just Getting back into the hobby, and, I've never had headsets.  Not that I wouldn't have worn them, but my kids were small and usually along, so I never even gave it a thought. 

Skip forward 20 years. I've got a new Nox 800, and, the manual says that the headset volume is independent of the machine,  and then stops.

Do you just adjust volume to comfortable?  Or is there an advantage of running the nox full volume,  adjust with headset? 

I may be overthinking this.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.  You can do it either way.  Increase 800 volume to max and then adjust headphone volume or just use the default master volume setting on the 800 and crank the headphones.  Just play with it and see what works best for you.  Either way you should be able to make it plenty loud.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Welcome to the forum.  You can do it either way.  Increase 800 volume to max and then adjust headphone volume or just use the default master volume setting on the 800 and crank the headphones.  Just play with it and see what works best for you.  Either way you should be able to make it plenty loud.

Thanks, figured I was overthinking it. 

• Like 1

There is a benefit in having both. Sometimes the headphone setting is a tiny bit too loud or a tiny bit too quiet. Yes, I'm picky like that! :smile: Having the headphone adjustment also adds another layer that I have equates to a finer degree of settings than one would have with just one or the other of the volume control options. The two controls are not in perfect sync so I've found I can get exactly what I like with a little fiddling.

• Like 2

If you really want to overthink it, note that with the 800, beside the master volume, you can also adjust the tone volume in each tone bin (in 2 tones and 5 tones and the ferrous and non-ferrous bins associated with 50 tones) separately.  Refer to the user guide for how to do this.  With this you can customize tone volumes to emphasize or de-emphasize ferrous and specific non-ferrous tones to your liking.  Going further, you can also adjust tone pitches independently in a similar manner, as well.  GL,

• Like 1

"use the default master volume setting on the 800 and crank the headphones."

This is what I do, like above some times you want to fine tune the headset volume. And I have never depleted the headphone volume. Just be really careful when inserting the charge plug into the headset. And remember they are not water proof, I put a piece of electrical tape over the charge port if I think it may rain. (talk about overthinking it lol) Welcome

• Like 2