Minelab Equinox Battery Replacement Instructions

Ah, I had forgot or never noticed that the batteries are already out of warranty for most people as I have three years stuck in my head. Good info there. For all the issues people have reported on the Equinox though batteries are not one of them. I don’t recall seeing a single report of a bad battery anywhere. Many of us may be moving on to the Equinox 1000 or CTX 5050 by the time the batteries start going bad.

• Like 2

Don't want to open a can of worms but when Steve mentioned that he did not remember the 1 year warranty period for Equinox batteries, I decided to check to see if the information contained within the emailed announcement I imaged above was posted somewhere on the USA Minelab website, I found this warranty duration link, but it does not make the distinction between warranty coverage for the Equinox and its battery.  To further confuse things, it mentions that Minelab batteries (non-specific) are warranted for 6 months (though I suspect those are for external battery packs such as those used for GPX).  So who knows what truth actually is...go figure.  But yeah, like Simon and Steve, I am pretty sure I will have moved on to the latest and greatest toy by the time it fully runs out.

I did some checking and the Equinox battery being under warranty for one year appears nowhere on the Minelab website that I can find. It is only in a copy of that letter posted on a U.K. website. Interesting but not an issue I guess unless somebody has a battery go bad in year two or three.

I find it interesting that Minelab no longer puts warranty periods on the actual warranty card. They refer you to the website, which can be changed at any time. It makes me wonder what happens if they change the warranty periods after you buy a product? In theory the warranty at time of purchase applies, but the customer has no copy or proof unless they print out the website information, which most people will never do.

• Like 3