Unusual Coin Find ( Long Post )

That's is one of the more unusual error finds I have seen in the wild.  Like you said, condition is always the determining factor in any desirable coin.  It is certainly an "Oddity"!  Nice Find!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Thanks 1

Looks like there was a struck penny that didn't eject from the die properly and got flipped causing the next planchet to get a reverse strike from the already struck penny. Should be worth something, great find.

GB, I didn't realize you posted what I said but only with more accurate detail. Well said.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Unusual Coin Find ( Long Post )

Whatever happens, Great find GB!

I hope you get it conserved and graded if you think its even remotely real! Look forward to updates of your progress!👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great find, and yes I have seen one other of these at a coin show that went for a few hundred dollars. I know that theirs were in better shape, but yours has character.

• Thanks 1

I am always amazed about your knowledge of coins. It’s good you looked at it closely before tossing it into the clad pile.  Cool find 

strick

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting find and analysis GB. The proper identification of finds is half the fun of this hobby!

• Like 1

I'm no expert by any means,  but like you,  I feel it is a genuine error coin.  Keep us updated when you get more info.  Now I need to go back through 40+ yrs of clad coins looking for an error.  Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1