Lightning Fun

Spent a few hours detecting and exploring the hillsides yesterday. I first turned on the Zed about 7:30 in the morning, it was semi overcast warm and a little humid. I was detecting a huge quartz outcrop on the edge of a minor slightly eroded peak inside a series of small ravines, the solid quartz mass was 15 feet high in areas and littered the slopes, there were many such breakouts in the area, fire a few years back cleared the brush and the hills were still easy to navigate. Also a history of tunnels and hydraulicing near-by, although these hillsides were spared of that. The weather was very variable and the chatter was slowly building in the zed although I never felt it was making it impossible to read the signals, the bursts were far enough apart to tell the difference. The trash I found was all very old stuff, no gold this trip as the weather cut things short and things were nearing the dangerous side.

Possibly no gold in this outcrop that may be why no washing of the hill by the old timers, or the bedrock may be to deep also the slopes are very steep here, then again it may just be that more time needs to be spent looking.

post-618-0-30296500-1438478130_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-58003500-1438478147_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-43992600-1438478184_thumb.png

• Like 3

Im not a very observant tracker, but the area sure looks interesting and the bullets I found had that thick white oxidation they only get from a long time in the ground, so the area has not been heavily detected. I never went down to the creek, was it claimed property or just the logging company taking steps to make sure no one tries to put a claim on top of the logging operation?

• Like 1

The lightning was getting close and I beet feet back to the car, I'd just jumped in the car and turned on the video when it hit the ridge in front of me, pretty convincing message about getting out of dodge.

Scott, the rain came down pretty hard for a spell.

attached pictures of some of the stuff i found, old bullets, some kind of a lead barrel/keg tap and this rock... very magnetic down about 12 inches. The rock has a number of small crystals growing out of it and a dark surface.

post-618-0-85562600-1438485029_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-59466600-1438485045_thumb.jpg

post-618-0-55543500-1438485056_thumb.jpg

Been doing a some research on this little rock and it looks like another meteorite for the ZED, this one is a nickel iron pallasite weighing 6.51 grams.

• Like 2