Small Audio Equalizer To Adjust Iron Audio?

Came across this little gadget. It is a mini equalizer. I thought it might be good on machines like the Garretts that would allow adjustment on the base (iron audio) to tone it down. Has anyone tried one of these?

51iette7DDL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• Like 1

The only issue I could see would be if its a passive equalizer (ie no battery). Passive equalizers will always reduce the level of all frequencies even when set at 0.

An active equalizer should certainly help though.

• Like 1

They are found on Ali Express free shipping (slow boat from China literally) around $13. Amazon with free shipping between $16-25. They use a small lithium button battery. I don't know how long that would last.

It should work ok on my ATP, might snag one after the holiday rush. Will have to get the Garrett connector to 1/4" audio adapter. I think there is enough tonal range between the grunt and mid/high tones to be effective. Wish they said how long it can run on a battery though.

Ok, I consider myself somewhat competent at using search engines and so forth, but for the life of me cannot get this gadget to pop up in any search phrase I use whether on google or at either Amazon or AliExpress. Any chance you could throw me a bone and post a link, manufacturer, or model number so I can check this out for myself.   Much appreciated.

I think the problem is that it is just a preamplifier, so you also need a headphone amplifier.

https://www.amazon.com/Festnight-Preamplifier-Adapter-Control-Acoustic/dp/B07NYCRK1D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought a equalizer to work with my Gold Strike, thinking I could remove the low tone.   Didn't work.   Yours might.

Dunnoimage.thumb.png.a51332b4971052ada16912972d818042.png

HH
Mike

Mike....., I also bought the same BE Q700 a few years ago ... working on a 9V battery ,,even at maximum detector audio settings.... but giving an extremely low level of sound ..., I ended up experimenting again .. I wanted to limit the volume of the iron sound.

I think this equalizer needs a "Line output" .... from the detector, but the detectors have only "Headphone output" .

...when connected to my laptop, the Beq 700 is working a dot louder ..., and can adjust the volume of different frequencies...

I consider the iron volume control to be a pretty important setting for some metal detectors ...

december 2 iphone5S 2019 001.JPG

5 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

I think the problem is that it is just a preamplifier, so you also need a headphone amplifier.

https://www.amazon.com/Festnight-Preamplifier-Adapter-Control-Acoustic/dp/B07NYCRK1D

Thank you!  EL NINO, it looks like this is looking for low levels from a guitar pickup.  I am afraid that the headphone output from a detector is going to overdrive this thing into saturation and then you are going to have the line level output issue you mentioned.  But am willing to try it out for fun.

• Like 2