TDI SL Reg Mods Update

gflores71

Hello everyone,

I have received many emails about the REG mods and responded to them. I finally spoke to Reg  by phone and he is OK with me Posting the mods on this forum. He just wants me to send the info back to him to revise and make sure everything is OK. I am also glad he is still doing well.  We also spoke about Whites and the situation at the company and how some of us are brand loyal and hope to see improvements.

This way it will be easier as some times I delay email responses.

Hope to post soon with Steve's permission of course.

Gilbert

• Like 2

When Cougar Jim had a forum it was all about White’s detectors. Reg visited that forum all the time telling what one could do to make your detector better.

I remember when the SSP was put on sale by Jimmy Sierra that White’s had in I guess storage. I think at that time Reg made a statement that the SSP had a smoother threshold than the TDI SL. He also said he didn’t know why .

During the same time Reg would call Whites’s trying to give them mods to improve the TDI. For awhile White’s was talking with Reg but after awhile they stopped.

So if today White’s is talking again with Reg that’s great. Just maybe they realize Reg is a better Electronics Engineer than some they have.

I knew Reg wasn’t a well man and hope he’s doing better than back then.

Chuck 

• Like 2

I have two of Reg's mods in both my TDI's. One makes them more sensitive to small gold and the other makes for a smooth threshold ( I have always hated the warbling threshold in every other detector I have used). I can now run both the original and 2nd gen TDI's wide open on gain and have a perfectly smooth threshold.

Mike

• Like 4

I was happy to get Reg posting here. Then another forum member made him angry, and for some reason he seemed to get angry at me also... I still don’t know why. He left and unfortunately has not been seen here since. I think he was on Findmall awhile after that but I stopped looking there some time ago.

Long story short I hope he is well.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 8:45 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Long story short I hope he is well.

I talked to Reg's brother at the club meeting last Thursday and Reg is not doing too well. Reg had one his leg's amputated last year and now is in the hospital with possible cancer tumor on the liver. Any prayers for a good outcome would be appreciated.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Glenn in CO said:

I talked to Reg's brother at the club meeting last Thursday and Reg is not doing too well. Reg had one his leg's amputated last year and now is in the hospital with possible cancer tumor on the liver. Any prayers for a good outcome would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear that.

• Sad 1