First One In The Wild - Fisher Impulse AQ

This is good to hear. I hope it exceeds your expectations and I look forward to seeing your unboxing and commentary.

• Like 1

I can see lots and lots of people offering you rides to the beach!  I live in Oregon and may be thinking of it! 

Please don't post your going to the beach ahead of time.  The beach will be cleaned out!!

GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

My nearest US beach is in San Diego and I have no time to drive there soon. I will be doing an “unboxing” video and some stuff of using it inland here in Gold Canyon AZ - where there is no gold. Imay borrow some of my wife’s “minor” bits to practice with however.

Rick - that is exciting stuff.  Congrats.  So the AQ is adaptable for land hunting but the AU (or whatever it will actually be called) will be the preferred "gold" hunting variant.  What are the AQ limitations if used for land relic hunting in highly mineralized soil, like Culpeper, VA?

Chase. The Impulse platform is currently developed first for gold jewelry at salt beaches - it works fine in other situations but is sharply optimized for the beach.

The “Terra” is the same basic PI platform but highly optimized for prospecting and nugget hunting. It will be along a bit later.

Perhaps a generalized Relic model will follow as well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

Chase. The Impulse platform is currently developed first for gold jewelry at salt beaches - it works fine in other situations but is sharply optimized for the beach.

The “Terra” is the same basic PI platform but highly optimized for prospecting and nugget hunting. It will be along a bit later.

Perhaps a generalized Relic model will follow as well

Thanks.  Have fun with Serial # 000001.

I'll set you up with my pre-question when you have time to report Rick. My big one is simple - what, if anything, is physically different about the machine you get and the prototype we have seen for months above? Any difference in controls or configuration? And if you are allowed - the weight!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

My nearest US beach is in San Diego and I have no time to drive there soon.

So Fisher is going to sell a new release beach specific detector to a user who cannot get to a beach?   Maybe the V.P. can ask Dilek to borrow their Mermaid to send to Arizona, along with a kiddie pool, so Rick can at least pretend he's at the beach.🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I'll set you up with my pre-question when you have time to report Rick. My big one is simple - what, if anything, is physically different about the machine you get and the prototype we have seen for months above? Any difference in controls or configuration? And if you are allowed - the weight!

I will take that as my first assignment - being in an unusual position - only AQ “in the wild” and no restrictions talking about it - as a device. There is no NDA attached. I do have some information based on 2.5 years or so of communicating with FTP about the program and I leave it to them to decide how and what of their proprietary info to share - but having said all that, my own interaction, experience and conclusions from handling a device which I own outright are mine to share as I see fit.

As far as differences from prototypes, I have handled two - both for short periods - a couple of days. One in October 2018 which I took to San Diego and used a bit here in Gold Canyon and one in June this year which I had for a couple of days in Norway.

The production machine, as far as I am informed is somewhat further developed, but I am not sure how relevant what I remember from the protos will be by comparison.