There's A Hole In My Bucket List, Dear Liza

I had about an hour and a half tonight to get out and detect. I went to the same football field that has been productive in the past. They have the lights on very late even if there are no games. So, what better time to detect than at night with no headlamp needed!

As for the bucket list, I have never found a diamond solitaire with a real stone. I dug a strong 10 on the Equinox (park 1, 7 recovery, 18 sensitivity), normally the cover over the opening of an aluminum can, and I thought my bucket list had another item checked off. When I got it home and washed it off, it was indeed 10K, just not real diamonds--the hole in the bucket.

I found a total of 4 pieces of jewelry tonight--mostly digging signals from 5-18--but going all the way up in the 30s if it was a good signal. I would have dug quarters, but the large coil did not go over any in the time I was out.

The friendship necklace part and the crucifix are junk. The silver heart rang up a solid 23, a strange number that said, "Dig me!" It is doubtful the stones are diamonds, and my tester is hard to use on stones that small.

I have included a pic of my pile of junk, pennies, nickels, and dimes from tonight. So far this field, and adjoining baseball field, have given up some goodies that are in another pic.

IMG_20191220_194625.jpg

IMG_20191220_213953.jpg

IMG_20191220_213027.jpg

IMG_20191220_212913.jpg

IMG_20191220_215137.jpg

IMG_20191220_212950.jpg

IMG_20191220_194851.jpg

IMG_20191220_194657.jpg

IMG_20191220_194748.jpg

IMG_20191220_214356.jpg

IMG_20191220_194633.jpg

IMG_20191220_214056.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Those could be diamonds, check them under a loupe and look for any signs of refractions. Internal flaws and specs of dirt are a great indicator of a diamond also.If none then it's a good chance of being the real deal. I have found my share of cz's and all on plated or silver jewelry.

I have some similar fields I like to hit nearby, produced a good 30lbs of clad and some bits of jewelry but usually get chased out towards dusk from the mosquitoes and skunks.

Great finds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

I had about an hour and a half tonight to get out and detect.

For that short of time you did a really great job at finding the good stuff.

Wish I could get that good with my unit, but when it is snow on the ground and cold it is hard to get out.

My 800 is getting mad at me for not going, even yesterday it tried to trip me as I was going to work.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 2Valen said:

For that short of time you did a really great job at finding the good stuff.

Wish I could get that good with my unit, but when it is snow on the ground and cold it is hard to get out.

My 800 is getting mad at me for not going, even yesterday it tried to trip me as I was going to work.

The big coil covers more area in a shorter time. I don't stay and grid an area, I just keep making passes in an area that has given up the goods consistently. Last year, I methodically covered about 3/4 of the football field with overlapping swings going the short direction. I am now trying to go the long way. Last night's finds came from the area that I went over last year. I was using the 11" coil at the time, however. The 15", IMHO, gives up very little on sensitivity. It consistently finds very small bits and pieces off jeans, aluminum cans, etc. It could be run at 24 sensitivity on that field, but 18 makes it so that it does not cause me to go chasing super deep junk. The field and surrounding area were settled in the 70's, so I'm not going for deep silver. I guess it could be called cherry picking, but when I get 2 hours or so a weekend, it doesn't pay to chase everything.

As far as the cold, it does help being in FL. It was kind of breezy last night and the windchill was about 68. I even had to put on a long sleeve shirt last night with my shorts. Before moving to FL, I also had to deal with the dreaded winter waiting game. I can't count the number of times I detected while I couldn't feel my fingers. It is nice to not detect in chopper mittens!

My 800 sits in timeout during the week, too. At least it is not a pet and doesn't feel neglected. 

Nice finds!  Are those chains silver?  I've found a few and figured they were stainless steel, but I really don't know.  I never was able to find a '925' or 'sterling', but sometimes those are hard to locate.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice finds!  Are those chains silver?  I've found a few and figured they were stainless steel, but I really don't know.  I never was able to find a '925' or 'sterling', but sometimes those are hard to locate.

Yes, they are silver. The crucifix chain is fairly heavy. They both say 925 on the clasp.

• Like 1

Even though you did not get to check it off your list (at this time), at least you found gold and quite a bit of other nice jewelry items too.  Keep at it and sooner or later it will happen.  Thanks for sharing and nice pics too.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

My 800 sits in timeout during the week, too. At least it is not a pet

That is cruel, I hope it is not in the corner and why won't you give it a name.

They are part of the family, that is why mine is mad at me.

We are going to get close to 50 this week and if the snow is gone I will be out with mine most of the day.

That way it might cheer it up a little, I know they can be cranky at times, but I really want to see if the new update helps her attitude.

I am out of likes right now.

• Like 1