The Wm08 Module Vs The Wireless Headphones

RobNC

I like the wireless headphones but they let in a lot of ambient noise. I triedDifferent ear chips but no go. I hunt the beach and the surf plus wind  can be distracting and drown out target sounds. So I have a pair of waterproof ear buds that I can jam in my ear holes and keep ambient sound out. Waterproof because the pin connector can get Rain, spray or splash.  If it’s really raining I slip it into an upside down baggies. Placement has never been a problem. On the arm cuff band at first but now always on my shirt collar, extra cord around my neck. YMMV

• Like 1

As Lacky said, for me it's a matter of which phones I want to use (depending on weather and hunting location). The first year, I've almost exclusively used the ML80. I've tried some BT aptX-ll phones, but none of them were really comfy or held well in my ears. WM08 and iphone buds didn't work either.

Then I've discovered some old style (not in-ear) sports buds, tried them out.. and since then, I find myself using this combo more often. Better sound than the ML80. You can better distinguish between deep and shallow / small and big targets. Good in the summer + in wintertime, they fit nicely under the wooly. I tend to use the ML80 if it's not too cold or hot, but super windy.

What I also really like about the BT phones and why I've always been searching for some other models, is the possibility to additionally pair my phone. That's a really neat feature, which I always miss using the WM08.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2019 at 8:29 AM, Mark Gillespie said:

I used the WM08 with my Killer Bees on my last beach hunt.  They really came in hand when you  need to block the outside noise, especially the roar of the surf.  I think you will be satisfied with using both.  After 2 years I'm still 100% satisfied with my Equinox.

Mark the killer bees block loud surf? That is what I am looking to do.

which model. There are a ton.  Thanks 

3 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

If you want to block the most noise get the Killer B Hornets. They are more rectangular and block noise REALLY well. I find them to be the most comfortable also, but this is all opinion of course. If you’re unhappy I will buy them from you, as long as they’re not full of sand and seaweed...😀

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

Interesting question.  I've had this set for at least 10 years.  I can't find a model number anywhere.  For me, the fit makes the headphones great for surf hunting.  They fit very snug around the outside of my ears.  I originally bought these to use with my Fisher F75, to allow me to hear the extremely faint audio reports of deep targets.

killer b's.jpg

3 hours ago, Monster said:

If you want to block the most noise get the Killer B Hornets. They are more rectangular and block noise REALLY well. I find them to be the most comfortable also, but this is all opinion of course. If you’re unhappy I will buy them from you, as long as they’re not full of sand and seaweed...😀

Seems fair. Thanks 👍